The property is beatiful, nice, clean, and has the most incredible view. There is plenty of space to spread out. I would definitely go back but will point out the negative:
1) the road. It is bad. Very steep up and down - mud/rocks/dirt. The road didn't bother me except for the day it rained a lot and I was told it would not be safe to travel on. I asked if I could borrow the atv in the garage to get to town for food and was told no. We were stranded for an entire day at the house with no power, no water, no food, and no way to get to town. That was a bummer! Water is controlled by the power so with a power outage lasting an entire day, that was really tough. You must have four wheel drive to get to and from the house. A generator could easily solve the water issue. We can deal without everything else controlled by electricity but water is essential.
2) the house manager who lives next store is very nice, however, if you have any sort of fear of dogs, this isn't the place to be. She has a pit bull and Doberman. I am sure they are very nice, but that could make or break someone's decision to stay here. I have an irrational fear of dogs so I never felt completely relaxed while hanging out by the pool.
3) back to the power outage. The day following the all day outage we tried to leave the property but the power was out again. The gate won't open without power. We called the house manager and 20 minutes later they came down and unlocked the other gate.
4) music- the property description says the house includes a way to play music. This is not the case. Bring your own jam box or something. We had to listen to music from our phones/iPad.
5) soap. There is no dish soap and no soap anywhere else. I always travel with a bar of soap for the shower but it would have been nice to know we would need all other kinds of soap. I've never stayed at a vacation rental without dish soap but maybe that is more normal in other parts of the world.
6) beds. Master bed was comfortable but the beds in the other two rooms are very hard. My daughter woke up with a sore back everyday. Sheets are also very low quality- I would bring my own if I stay there again.
All in all our stay was great other than the power outages. The house had very few bugs and the pool had zero bugs. Ever. That was nice! Plenty of bugs outside but the house was built well enough to keep the critters out.
Santa Teresa is close and has several decent food options.