HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
The apartment seems a little tired but the spaciousness and proximity to all the sites in Berlin as well as the u-Bahn makes this a super place. I loved how it was across from the mall of Berlin. Provided a great warm place to be in the winter. Lots of stores and restaurants close by! Peter was very friendly and accommodating to make sure we had beds for our children. He even agreed to mail us some items that we accidentally left behind.
All things being said, it was an excellent experience. The only downside, and this was our fault as well was a slightly clumsy key hand-off. (I may have given the impression that I spoke german well due to my use of Google Translate).
The upsides - location wise:
1. An upscale neighborhood where we felt perfectly safe.
2. Stores, restaurants, and services (including the cleanest, best maintained, and easiest to use laundromat I've overseen) are all close by.
3. Transit is close by including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, and busses. With the Google maps app was able to get anywhere easy.
4. Things were quiet with respect to traffic, parties (none), and construction (little in the area - but given how much construction is going on in Berlin, that might change).
5. If you like high-end shopping, this is your place!
The upsides - the apartment:
1. This was the quietest place I've ever stayed in. Maybe neighbors were away, but in any event, it was total silence once we were inside.
2. Temperature never got above 5 C during the seven days we were there. But inside the radiant heating kept the place nice and cozy. (Didn't see any air conditioning - maybe an issue in a heat wave.)
3. Everything worked well. (Door lock was a challenge the first day - jet lag making things more difficult.)
4. Clean as a whistle and well appointed.
I would recommend this place - but you do need to be able to handle stairs - helpful in keeping the added "beer weight" down.