HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This was a great place to stay. Peter was friendly and charming, and the place was gigantic - perfect for 2-4 people. Yes, the bathroom is, as others have stated, slightly dated. But, trust me, that won’t matter when you see what you are getting for your money. Mall of Berlin is directly across the street as well as a tasty sandwich shop, which is open until 5am every night! Public transport is also a one minute walk. Very easy to get an Uber. If location is a concern, this is where you want to be. My business colleague and myself loved it. I would absolutely stay here again if it were available.
All things being said, it was an excellent experience. The only downside, and this was our fault as well was a slightly clumsy key hand-off. (I may have given the impression that I spoke german well due to my use of Google Translate).
The upsides - location wise:
1. An upscale neighborhood where we felt perfectly safe.
2. Stores, restaurants, and services (including the cleanest, best maintained, and easiest to use laundromat I've overseen) are all close by.
3. Transit is close by including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, and busses. With the Google maps app was able to get anywhere easy.
4. Things were quiet with respect to traffic, parties (none), and construction (little in the area - but given how much construction is going on in Berlin, that might change).
5. If you like high-end shopping, this is your place!
The upsides - the apartment:
1. This was the quietest place I've ever stayed in. Maybe neighbors were away, but in any event, it was total silence once we were inside.
2. Temperature never got above 5 C during the seven days we were there. But inside the radiant heating kept the place nice and cozy. (Didn't see any air conditioning - maybe an issue in a heat wave.)
3. Everything worked well. (Door lock was a challenge the first day - jet lag making things more difficult.)
4. Clean as a whistle and well appointed.
I would recommend this place - but you do need to be able to handle stairs - helpful in keeping the added "beer weight" down.