This home far exceeded our expectations - I should mention that my husband and I typically stay in nice hotels so are probably pickier than most :). Here is what you need to know:
1. The home is very well-maintained and clean. The low-profile beds were surprisingly comfortable. The home has its own gated parking right at the house, too. We loved using the pool and hot tub after long days of exploring. The air conditioning was also great!
2. The host and manager were helpful - they provided information on the local area and we had fresh fruit and wine waiting for us - very thoughtful.
3. The location is great. Location was very important to us - we wanted to be central to explore all of the towns with ease. This home is in between Tremezzo and Lenno so the ferry access from either town is excellent. Furthermore, it is only a 10 minute walk down to the lake in Lenno.
4. It is important to mention that spectacular, unobstructed views means pretty steep roads -- we only walked back up to the home once. It is very steep so we highly recommend that you have a small or mid-sized automatic car - a car was essential for our stay.
5. My only recommendation would be to see if they can provide more towels for your stay. We had one large towel for each of us and would have liked one for pool/hot tub and one for the shower.
6. The pictures truly do not do its justice. The views from the balcony, hot tub, pool/yard, etc were incredible. We would definitely stay here again.
We have been in castle cottage the second time and it was even better than our first holiday there. The house is small and cosy with everything you might or might not need, clean and with a very personal touch. We are a family of 5 persons and used the upper bedroom as well as the sofabed, both very comfortable. The best is the terrace and the huge garden leading down to the lake with a private lake access and so much space to enjoy our time in this wonderful nature. There is now also a second door from the garden to the public beach which we used quite often. We loved the time in the cottage with its historic and authentic surrounding. Rezzonico itself is the most beautiful village on the lake, we miss it already and look forward to our next stay. For partys of more than 5 persons contact Vittoria from Love Como as she is very helpful to find the perfect holiday property for you.