HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We were two families of 8 in total and stayed for one week in July. Nice area with a beautiful beach (Li Cossi) nearby (you need a car). Some stores and restaurants in the area. The house is great and pool is big enough. There were three good bedrooms, however the fourth bedroom is without aircondition and with no curtains. With mosquitos outside and inside it was impossibe to keep the room ventilated, dark and mosquito free.
This vacation was not planned as a beach vacation, rather as a site site seeing /exploring. For our purpose Villa De Elisee was perfect.
As far as amenities, the villa has everything it promised. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, open kitchen and dining area.
The electrical appliances which we used all worked just fine. We did not use the washing machine or the iron, so can´t comment on those.
The beds are comfortable, maybe a little bit on the hard side. The pillows are soft and thin and there are some extra pillows ( or blankets?) in the overhead cabinets, for people who need extra support.
The water pressure is great. Despite being 6 people , we never run out of hot water.
There is a jacuzzi , but we didn´t use it, so I can not comment on that. The weather and the views were too perfect to stay inside :) At the time ( end of May) the water in the pool was still too cold.
There is a covered parking spot for 2 cars.
Within walking distance ( 15 min.) there are very picturesque rocks above the sea with paths down to the water, small coves, restaurants, shopping areas.
The whole area is nicely maintained. In the end of May, still before the season, the place feels very tranquil. The only ``noise`` in the morning are the bird songs.
I would greatly recommend Villa De Elisee for companies of friends, or for families with children ( maybe not babies or toddlers, because of the steep steps ) I would not recommend it for people with mobility issues for the same reason, and because the whole area consists of roads winding up and down - very pretty , but could be difficult for some people.
Tips for visitors:
1. There are plenty of condiments, take a look before buying more: salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tee, coffee...
2. Ask for clear instructions for the lights. There is a master switch (?) that will keep some lights on, even if you try to turn them off. If there is a light above the stove , we couldn´t find it :)
3. The tap water is listed as good for cooking, but not drinking. Ask if it is a cleanness issue, or taste issue. We washed our fruits and vegetables , and our teeth with it and had no problems.
Tips for the owners:
1. Mosquito nets would be a great addition. It is sad to have to keep the windows closed, especially at dusk and down , when the air is the freshest , but the mosquitoes are most active.
2. The villa is for 6 people, but the outside seating is for 4. Maybe add 2 more outside chairs and a bigger (folding ?) table