Things to Do in Fripp Island, SC
When you picture a trip to South Carolina, you might envision relaxing afternoons on the beach and hours spent delving into a good novel. But then you might realize that the kids are going to need some entertainment beyond the old bucket and shovel in the sand. That's where a list of things to do in Fripp Island will come in handy. This favorite South Carolina destination is packed with activities, allowing you to choose when you relax and when you seek out adventure. Keep reading for some of the best 10 Fripp Island things to do.
1. FishingFripp Island is full of activities that include climbing aboard a boat. One of the most fun is a fishing excursion. In Fripp Island you will find plenty of fishing charters with knowledgeable guides who will bring you to the best spots for a day of fishing. Bring along a picnic for extra family fun.
2. CrabbingIf you like the idea of catching something without having to head out on a boat, look into crabbing. Your kids will love the chance to hang out on Wardles Landing Pier and try their luck at a new activity like crabbing.
3. KayakingFor an independent excursion, one of the best things to do in Fripp Island is to rent kayaks. This type of trip will provide a whole new perspective on the coastline of Fripp Island, while providing great exercise at the same time.
4. Bike RentalsOne of the most beautiful times of day of Fripp Island is sunset. There are many ways to enjoy this nightly show, but one of the most fun for families is to head out on an evening bike ride. Bike rentals are available at many places throughout the island, allowing you to work up an appetite before dinner.
5. GolfDuring a trip to Fripp Island, you might also be desiring some time away from the kids. Fripp Island is home to two 18-hole championship golf courses, Ocean Point Golf Links and Ocean Creek. You can wake early and work on your golf swing for a couple hours of peace and quiet under the South Carolina sunshine.
6. ShoppingIf you need a break from the sunshine, one great local activity is shopping. On Fripp Island you will find everything from souvenirs to items to stock your Fripp Island vacation rental to clothing and jewelry.
7. Local ParksThe best vacation days are spent outdoors. Plan a family visit to Davis Love Park where you can take advantage of the picnic area, playground, and volleyball courts for a day of family fun.
8. TennisStay in shape on your trip to Fripp Island with a few games of tennis. There are several courts throughout the island, offering the chance to get competitive with your spouse, or even to give the kids their first tennis lessons.
9. Camp FrippDo you ever wish that a destination had organized entertainment for kids? That's exactly what you'll find on Fripp Island. Your kids will love the activities at Camp Fripp, for children ages 3 - 12 and also a teen program for ages 13 -16.
10. Boat RentalsOf all the fun things to do in Fripp Island, some visitors think the best ones involve the water. While it is relaxing to soak up the sun on the beach, why not take that one step further with a boat rental? From sunbathing on deck to cruising on the open seas, a boat rental will be a day your family won't soon forget.
Hopefully this list of things to do in Fripp Island, SC, will ensure you have the best trip possible!