Things to Do in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Maggie Valley is a small town nestled in the valley of the North Carolina Smoky Mountains. Whether you're looking for some quiet relaxation in a sleepy little town or you're an outdoorsy adventurer looking to explore the wilderness of the Smoky Mountains, Maggie Valley offers the perfect backdrop for romantic weekends or a fun-filled family vacation. For additional help planning, check out our full list of Maggie Valley attractions.
Mountain LivingOne of the best things to do in Maggie Valley North Carolina is enjoy the incredible beauty of the Smoky Mountains. Head out for a hike and take in the breathtaking views of the valley from the mountains. Take your family horseback riding at Cataloochie Ranch . No winter stay is complete without a ski or snow tubing trip to Cataloochie Ski Area . You can also take a relaxing car ride on one of the area's many scenic drives; the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cataloochie Valley, Heritage Scenic Byway and more all offer spectacular vistas.
DiningYou can't mention Maggie Valley things to do without mentioning at least some of the friendly local restaurants in the area. One of the most popular restaurants in Maggie Valley is Snappy's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria . You'll find tasty traditional Italian-American fare at a fraction of the cost of other places. No matter if you're looking for something basic (baked ziti, spaghetti and meatballs), or something fancier (eggplant parmesan, cannelloni florentine), Snappy's will serve it with a friendly smile. Be sure to try their famous alfredo dishes. Snappy's also delivers and their pizzas and stromboli are perfect choices for a night in with the family. If you're looking to snag a hearty mountain breakfast, you can't go wrong with Joey's Pancake House . Grab a plate of their famous pancakes or opt instead for made-to-order eggs and a side of Joey's signature hash brown casserole.
Annual EventsMaggie Valley is the host of a constant stream of shows, events, and festivals. For example, every fall and spring, thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts come to town for the Thunder in the Smokies Motorcycle Rally . There's always a selection of seasonal things to do in Maggie Valley North Carolina, whether its an art show, fair, Cherokee Heritage event or a car show.
Kick up your heels at The Diamond K Dance Ranch , which advertises itself as western North Carolina's "largest country western night club." The Diamond K has its own in-house band, so you can line-dance the night away any weekend of the year. If you'd rather get your adrenaline racing in the great outdoors, adventurers can experience the large vertical wind tunnel at the Appalachian Amusement Center .
ShoppingNo mega-malls here, but Maggie Valley has plenty of one-of-a-kind, locally-owned shops and boutiques in its midst. Visit local artisans in some of the area's art and pottery shops. Cabbage Rose offers an eclectic mix of brand names ranging from Vera Bradley to Marie Osmond. Maggie Mountaineer Crafts offers a wide selection of local goods like jams, jellies, and moccasins.
With all the things to do in Maggie Valley North Carolina, it's amazing that the friendly little town is still a secret. There's no better way to explore the Smoky Mountains than from the cozy locale of Maggie Valley.
- Fantasy Golf 3659 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-8180
- Soco Gardens Zoo Hwy 19, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-1746
- Ghost Town in the Sky 16 Fie Top Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-1140, ghosttowninthesky.com
- Cataloochie Ranch 119 Ranch Drive, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-1401, cataloocheeranch.com
- Cataloochie Ski Area 1080 Ski Lodge Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-0285, cataloochee.com
- Tube World 4821 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-0285, tubemaggievalley.com
- Pursuit Field 1110 Soco Rd, Maggie Valley NC
- Pioneer Village 219 Campbell Creek Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-1881, pioneervlg.com
- Wheels Through Time Transportation Museum 62 Vintage Lane, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-6266, wheelsthroughtime.com
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian BIA Highway 441, Cherokee NC, (828) 497-3481, cherokeehistorical.org
- Maggie Valley Opry House 3605 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-9336
- Stompin' Ground 3116 Soco Road Hwy 19, Maggie Valley NC, (828)926-1288
- Carolina Nights Dinner Theater 3732 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-8822, maggievalleyusa.com
- Cabbage Rose 3388 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-3079, cabbagerose.com
- Maggie Mountaineer Crafts 2394 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-3129, maggiemountaineercrafts.com
- The Chocolate Shoppe 3483 Soco Road Hwy 19, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-0113
- Maggie Valley Skis & Tees 3463 Soco Road, Maggie Valley NC, (828) 926-0207, skisandtees.com