Travelers come to our sites expecting to book their vacation rental the same way that they purchase everything else online: quickly and securely. That’s why our tools support a variety of payment methods, designed to be easy and flexible for you and your travelers.
HomeAway Payments® is the most secure and convenient way to accept most major credit cards and all eChecks directly from your dashboard. Using HomeAway Payments makes it easy to get paid and comes with the benefit of our Carefree Rental Guarantee.
*Rates vary by country. Learn more >
Why use HomeAway Payments?
- Low rates and no fees
Processing fees start as low as 2.9% for domestically-issued cards like Visa®, MasterCard®, and Discover®.* eChecks are free and there are no setup, termination, or monthly fees.
It’s easier for travelers to securely pay online when they rent a property using their credit card or eCheck. Funds are disbursed to you based on your payment schedule and your calendar is updated.
- Saves you time
Manage all your payments and reservations from your dashboard and take advantage of more tools like automated payment requests and reminders.
- Attracts more travelers
Travelers want the convenience and security of paying online–so give it to them! Listings with HomeAway Payments get a prominent badge and more views that those without it.**
- More property protection
Using HomeAway Payments allows you to enable Property Damage Protection. This gives your guests the option to pay a low upfront fee for a protection policy or pay the equivalent coverage amount as a refundable damage deposit. Either way, your property is protected. Learn more about Property Damage Protection >
- Payment protection for your guests
When your transaction is processed using HomeAway payments, your guest’s payment is protected through the Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM. Your guest will feel protected knowing their payment is going directly to you through HomeAway.
**Based on average listing performance for Classic subscription levels on HomeAway.com and VRBO.com in January 2013.
How to add and use HomeAway Payments: Fill out a simple form with basic information you have on hand.
Although HomeAway Payments is the only way to get paid directly through your dashboard, we also support alternative forms of payment. If HomeAway Payments is not available for your listing, you can offer online booking to your guests with your alternative payment methods and access additional payment management tools when you do.
Take a few minutes to go to your dashboard and tell us which payment methods you accept. It’s easy and only requires the information you usually have on hand to accept payments from travelers. Set up your payment methods on HomeAway, VRBO, or VacationRentals.com >
Entering your own payment methods through your dashboard today allows you to:
- Offer online booking: Online booking is available to use with a wide range of payment methods outside of the HomeAway system, including checks, bank transfers, PayPal, and credit cards using your own payment processor. These payments are handled directly by you.
- Access more tools:When you add online booking with alternative payments, you can access payment management tools previously available only to HomeAway Payments users; these include tracking tools and payment scheduling with automatic payment reminders.
Tell us your preferred payment methods to access online booking and other tools. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Settings” tab of your dashboard
- Enter information about each of the payment methods you accept for all the listings your manage. For example, if you accept bank transfers, you can enter the last few digits of the account number. If you use HomeAway payments, credit cards or checks through HomeAway payments will be your default payment methods.
- Add additional payment instructions. For bank transfers, you can add information that you would want your travelers to see about making the transfer such as “Include the property number and rental dates in the memo.”
Please know: we will share your payment instructions only if you are using online booking and approve the reservation request or send a payment request directly from your dashboard.
How it will work:
|Using alternative payment methods with online booking
- Traveler requests a reservation through the online booking button on your listing and selects one of your alternative payment methods.
- When you accept the reservation request, your guest automatically receives detailed payment instructions.
- The guest pays you directly.
- When you receive the payment, you mark the guest as paid in your dashboard.