Company Celebrates with Florida Family Fun Giveaway
AUSTIN, TX, January 21, 2009 — HomeAway, Inc. the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace, today announced a redesign of its site, VacationRentals.com and the “Florida Family Fun Giveaway,” which promotes budget travel in the most popular state for family vacations.
New features on VacationRentals.com include:
- Enhanced property details page featuring an interactive photo flip book, quick facts and traveler inquiry form
- Sliding scales to easily refine searches by minimum to maximum rental rate, number of bedrooms and number of bathrooms, and check boxes to indicate preferences for vacation rentals with hot tubs, pools and allow pets
- Travel Resources section highlighting ideas, tips, featured partners and information to help plan the perfect vacation
- More prominent placement of the HomeAway Rental Guarantee to encourage travelers to take advantage of this one-of-kind, free protection of payments (up to $5,000) booked through the site
Florida Family Fun Giveaway
Of the 35,000 vacation rental homes and condos advertised on VacationRentals.com, 14,000 are located in Florida. To highlight all the options for family-friendly Florida vacations and to encourage travelers to ditch hotels and discover first-hand how vacation rentals help dramatically cut travel costs, VacationRentals.com is offering the Florida Family Fun Giveaway.
Through February 26, travelers who book a vacation rental in Orlando, Miami, Daytona Beach, Tampa, Cocoa Beach or Panama City through VacationRentals.com and register their trip (it’s free!) with the HomeAway Rental Guarantee, are automatically eligible to win one of 80 prizes. Prizes range from $75 gas cards to a family four-pack of passes to popular attractions including Disney World and Kennedy Space Center.
Tips for Cheap Travel
“VacationRentals.com also offers these tips for families to save money on spring break and summer vacation travel:
- Don’t settle for less (space) – By choosing a vacation rental instead of hotel, travelers can spend an average of 50 percent less per square foot on their accommodations.
- Eat in, save dough – Forego restaurants for kitchens found in most vacation rental homes which make it easier to cater to special dietary needs, please children’s fickle taste buds and create memories around the table.
- Invite a friend, grandparents or a whole other family – In vacation rentals, traveling with groups makes it possible to share the costs. Multiple bedrooms and living space means there’s room for everyone.
- Bring Rover right over – Many vacation rental homeowners designate their houses “pet-friendly” so families can travel with their furry-friends instead of spending money on expensive boarding.
For information contact:
Public Relations Manager