HomeAway Announces Expansion with New South Congress Office Space in Penn Field
AUSTIN, TX, August 3, 2011 – HomeAway, Inc., the world’s leading network of online vacation rentals, today announces the addition of a new office location to accommodate its swiftly growing workforce. Along with its world headquarters at 1011 West Fifth Street and office space at 907 West Fifth Street, HomeAway® will expand its Austin presence to the Penn Field complex at 3601 South Congress, in December.
Founded in Austin six years ago with six employees, HomeAway has quickly grown to 918 employees in 15 global offices. HomeAway will initially place an estimated 110 employees of its 421 Austin-based personnel in the newly renovated, 26,170-square-foot space.
“Though I knew HomeAway would be successful, one of my biggest surprises is just how quickly we have grown in such a short time,” says co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Brian Sharples. "We’re proud to continue to grow our business in Austin and that growth is due in no small part to the tremendous people that comprise HomeAway and drive us toward success.”
Owned by Los Angeles-based real estate investment firm CIM Group, the Penn Field offices provide an environmentally-conscious workspace, much in the same vein as HomeAway’s Gold-level LEED-certified headquarters.
Green Features Include:
- Existing architectural elements maintained: corrugated metal exterior, concrete slab floor and exposed structural steel beams
- Skylights utilizing GPS technology to track the sun
- Low water consumption landscaping design for newly planted native trees and plant species
- New courtyard water feature that recycles, filters and treats captured rain water
- Convenient commute options for employees and several bus and bicycle routes for alternative transportation
Senior Director of Global Public Relations, HomeAway, Inc.