Rules for the HomeAway Duns Castle prize draw celebrating the release of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (the "Prize Draw")
By entering the Prize Draw, and by ticking the relevant box on the Prize Draw page, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions
"). No purchase necessary.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is HomeAway UK Limited ("HomeAway" or “Promoter”) a company whose registered address is Level 24, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old or older (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence whichever is older) as of the date of entry and legally reside within the United Kingdom, France, Germany or the United States of America. Employees and agents of HomeAway or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families (defined as parents, grandparents, spouses, siblings, children and grandchildren) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) of each and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw (including, without limitation, employees of The Walt Disney Company Limited (“Disney”) or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their respective immediate families and members of their household) are not eligible to participate in the Prize Draw or receive a prize. HomeAway reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If the winner is found to be ineligible, HomeAway reserves the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Prize Draw commences at 05:59am (CST) on 9th February 2017 and all entries must be received by 4.59pm (CST) on the closing date of 31st March 2017.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. To receive 1 entry in the Prize Draw, participants must correctly answer the multiple-choice question of: “HomeAway has how many places to stay?”. Participants must include full name, email address, and country of residence onto the relevant section of the Website/s (as defined below). You must also indicate your acceptance of the Prize Draw terms and conditions by ticking the relevant box, and select whether you wish to receive marketing emails from Disney by ticking the relevant box. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry will be accepted.
- The Prize Draw will be promoted on a landing page which will be hosted on HomeAway sites in the UK, France, Germany and the United States (the “Website/s”) which are located at www.homeaway.com/Disney, www.homeaway.co.uk/Disney, www.abritel.fr/Disney and www.fewo-direkt.de/Disney. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any incorrectly answered, illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may receive a maximum of 1 entry into the Prize Draw, regardless of the Website visited to enter. Any entries from any person or email address in addition to this will not be valid entries. Void where prohibited.
Prize A: Whole Castle Stay. One winner will win one stay for five (5) nights in the HomeAway castle holiday property “Duns Castle” in Scotland for the winner and up to 20 guests, including (1) all applicable related property costs (including without limitation available cleaning costs applicable to that property) (the “Castle Holiday Rental”) up to a total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $14,800 (inclusive of any applicable accommodation/stay taxes); and (2) the costs of economy class air and/or ground transport to and from the Castle Holiday Rental up to a value of $1,250 per person (inclusive of any applicable flight/transport taxes) (for the winner and their 20 guests), such transport costs to be booked and paid for by HomeAway in accordance with paragraph 7(b) below. The following terms apply to this Prize A:
Prize B: HomeAway Holiday. Five (5) winners will win a stay for themselves and up to 4 guests in a holiday rental property available on the Websites which accepts credit card bookings, in each case up to the total ARV of $3,200 including all applicable related property costs and taxes (including without limitation available cleaning costs applicable to that property) (the "Holiday Rental"), with the costs of transport to and from each Holiday Rental up to $620 per person (inclusive of any applicable taxes) (for the winner and their 4 guests) being reimbursed by HomeAway. The following terms apply to this prize:
- Castle rental: The Castle Holiday Rental will only be available for check in on Friday 4th August, with check out on Wednesday 9th August 2017.
- Transport: HomeAway and the Winner will co-operate to secure economy air and/or ground travel to and from Duns Castle, Scotland for the Winner and up to 20 guests up to a maximum value of $1,250 per person (inclusive of any applicable flight/transport taxes). Guests can only be a minor if their parent or legal guardian is the winner or another guest. The Winner must act reasonably in working with HomeAway to identify appropriate transport to the Castle Holiday Rental and once such transport has been agreed and selected, HomeAway will book and pay for such transport on behalf of the Winner and their guests. Any flights booked will be on an economy basis only. Trip is subject to additional airline terms, conditions and policies. In the event the travel has not been secured within 10 working days of acceptance of the prize (by confirmation email from the Winner) as a result of a failure by the winner to co-operate with HomeAway, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize without any liability to the Winner (or any of their guests) or obligation to provide any alternative prize or compensation. In the event that the Winner wishes to arrange transport costs that cost in excess of $1,250 per person, the Winner shall be personally liable for any transport costs in excess of the $1,250 per person transport allowance which forms part of Prize A.
- Entertainment: some meals for all 21 guests including the Winner during the stay to be provided by the Promoter up to $3,750 in total.
- Winner will also receive eleven thousand and two hundred dollars ($11,200) in the form of a check which winner may use to offset taxes.
- Maximum total ARV of Prize A: $56,000.
The winners of the above prizes are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) meal costs, spending money, insurance, any costs relating to their stay that are not costs paid to the owner of the Castle Holiday Rental or the Holiday Rental, any booking and related property costs for the Holiday Rental that exceed $3,200, any transport costs that exceed those set out above and which are to be reimbursed by HomeAway as part of the prizes, and all other incidentals. The winners and their guests are responsible for obtaining valid passports and visas and, where appropriate, obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations for foreign travel. The winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize which are not expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions. The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes in whole or in part. By participating in the Prize Draw, the winner and their guests agree that the prizes awarded are on an "as is" basis, and that neither HomeAway nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to any of the prizes. The accommodation prizes are subject to the usual booking terms and conditions of the Websites and any terms and conditions (including conditions relating to damage) that may be applicable to the Castle Holiday Rental or the chosen Holiday Rental which are enforced by the property owner of the Castle Holiday Rental or the Holiday Rentals, which (in the case of Prize B) shall be provided to the winner once they have selected their Holiday Rental but before HomeAway confirms the booking. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner will be responsible to HomeAway for any damage caused to the Castle Holiday Rental or the Holiday Rental. In the event of any damage to the Castle Holiday Rental or the Holiday Rentals, the winners shall reimburse or pay HomeAway for the costs to make good such damage caused.
- Holiday Rental: Each winner must select their preferred Holiday Rental from those available on the Websites. The winner must select a Holiday Rental in principle (including and taking into account all details relating to its availability and suitability) based on information available on the HomeAway Websites. The winner must then confirm their selected choice of Holiday Rental to HomeAway, along with all relevant details, using the HomeAway email address that will be notified to them in advance in their notification of winning. HomeAway will then complete the booking process on behalf of the winner and pay the owner of the Holiday Rental directly for the accommodation and any related costs, up to the maximum value of $3,200 (inclusive of any applicable taxes). The winner must confirm their choice of Holiday Rental to HomeAway before 12th May 2017 and the selected stay must be completed before 31st December 2017.
- Transport: The winner is responsible for booking and paying for their own transport to and from the Holiday Rental. The transport must be booked before 12th May 2017. Once they have booked their transport they shall provide an invoice or other form of written request for reimbursement to HomeAway together with satisfactory written evidence (for instance receipts) of all transport costs incurred (including but not limited to transport tickets, the cost of renting a car) to HomeAway for reimbursement up to the maximum amount of $620 per person (inclusive of any applicable taxes) (for the winner and their 5 guests). Requests for reimbursement must be sent by post to HomeAway before 26th May 2017 to Marketing Department, HomeAway Duns Castle Prize Draw, HomeAway, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH. Receipts may only be submitted by the winner on behalf of the winner and all guests and the winner may submit multiple receipts if the winner books travel separately from his/her guests.
- Winner will also receive one thousand five hundred and seventy-five dollars ($1,575) in the form of a check which winner may use to offset taxes.
- Maximum total ARV of Prize B: $7,875.
- The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first names chosen at random on 1st April 2017 from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries which correctly answered the multiple-choice question and which are received before the end of the closing date, as follows: first name drawn will be the potential winner of Prize A and the next 5 names drawn will be the potential winners of Prize B.
- The winners will be notified by email, within 7 working days of the Prize Draw close to the email address provided on entry. The winners will be required to execute a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. If any such e-mails to the winners are returned as undeliverable, HomeAway reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prize to another participant. If any winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, HomeAway reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award the prize to another participant. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of valid entries received throughout the Prize Draw.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond HomeAway’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, HomeAway is unable to award any of the prizes as described in these Terms and Conditions, HomeAway reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Prize Draw, HomeAway reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prize through a further draw or to divide the prize or the value of the prize between the winners of the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to have their first name and abbreviated last name featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw on all available media, including the Internet (on all HomeAway websites, webpages, web-banners, emailing etc) and in any kind of materials (printed materials, posters, press, POS advertisings etc) and for promotional purposes, worldwide and for a period of (1) year starting from the date of their participation without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as a winner available on the Website, on Facebook, and on Twitter between 3rd April 2017 and 30th September 2017. Details of the winners will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a request to Marketing Department, HomeAway Whole Castle prize draw to celebrate the release of Disney Beauty and the Beast, HomeAway, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH by no later than 31st August 2017.
- HomeAway reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of HomeAway that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither HomeAway nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by HomeAway to provide any of the prizes or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of any prizes in transit to the winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, HomeAway and Disney (and its affiliates and subsidiaries) (“Released Parties”) will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of any prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. HomeAway will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by HomeAway of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit HomeAway's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited. The winner and their guests release the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims, demands and cause of action that may results out of the winner and their guests’ participation in this prize draw, including but not limited to any unforeseen accident or injury as a result of the prize that is awarded.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or HomeAway and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, HomeAway may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All HomeAway's decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and HomeAway will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to any and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions; provided that any and all issues or disputes concerning the intellectual property of Disney or any prizing provided by Disney (if applicable) will be governed by the laws of the State of California and the venue for any related action will be in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County.