HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway is a dynamic business unit focused on establishing HomeAway as a leader within vacation rental market, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The HomeAway APAC Accounting team is evolving and an opportunity has arisen for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract Senior Financial Accountant supporting ANZ entities primarily in areas of General Ledger, Revenue, Cash and Payments. As the company evolves and integrates further with the other Expedia Group brands, we are looking to recruit an experienced accountant with a broad range of skills to support the ANZ Finance Manager and team. The role is part of a small local Finance team and requires a finance professional with strong practical accounting skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A bachelors degree in Accounting or CA/CPA qualified.
- 5+ years experience of working within a Finance team in a Global Matrix Organisation.
- Experience in a high volume transactional business (preferred)
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel
- Experience and knowledge of US GAAP and SOX.
- ERP working knowledge, Oracle Financials preferred.
- Scientific Mindset: With data driven business acumen and strong attention to detail you use relevant information to make reasonable decisions based on insights from data.
- Mastery: You will actively engage in training and coaching opportunities to exhibit deep expertise as a valued member of the Accounting team at HomeAway.
- Openness: Acts with humility and an openness to feedback with the intent of continuously striving for better.
- One Team: Aligns key stakeholders and gains commitment from cross-functional and cross-regional partners towards a shared goal collaborating to drive overall success.
- Participation: Finds ways to positively contribute to collaboration; completes tasks as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll do
- Monthly accounting journals (P&L, Balance Sheet, Revenue and Expenses)
- Maintain a close relationship with Marketing team to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounts and accruals
- Cash management – matching and reconciliation in Oracle of all Australia incoming and outgoing payments including intercompany and overseas transactions
- Create, settle and reconcile Intercompany transactions in Oracle (AGIS) liasing with Head office corporate accounting team
- Liaise with Expedia Treasury in Seattle to obtain funding for foreign currency transactions
- Prepare monthly reconciliations as part of the month end close process
- Adherence to SOX compliance of month end processes and support on internal audit queries
- Key contributor to external (interim and year-end) audit requirements
- Ongoing process improvements and projects
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.