Interested in a rare opportunity to help craft the future of the sharing economy? Want to be an integral part of building the foundation of a global marketplace? Are you an engineer that is passionate about creating great products and loves technology?
Expedia Group has a mission to become the world’s travel platform. As part of that effort, we are building the most widely accepted Lodging Platform for the hotel and vacation rental industries. We want travelers visiting our sites to be able to find the type of lodging that best fits their travel needs whether a house, bungalow, castle, condo or hotel room. We build extraordinary products at fast-paced speed, but we are always looking for ways to be better and faster. GraphQL has shown to be a technology accelerator for our business. We are now looking to iterate upon existing GraphQL schemas and architectural patterns in our next-generation of Node.js-based GraphQL APIs to unlock additional speed for our many UX and public API teams.
This role will serve as a key technical contributor to the development of our v2 Lodging GraphQL APIs and will also work with development teams throughout Expedia Group to evangelize and drive adoption of the emerging GraphQL API and architectural fundamentals.
What you’ll do:
- You will be building software solutions used by millions of people striving for reliable, highly available and scalable systems in an agile and test driven environment.
- You will partner closely with other technical leads and product managers to design and implement leading-edge solutions.
- You contribute to mentoring and leading a team of highly energetic and adept engineers.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- You possess a deep understanding of Web and API architecture.
- You are conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, and XML, etc.).
- You have solid JDBC experience.
- Confirmed track-record of building fast, reliable, large, multi-threaded, scalable, service-based web services.
- You lead by example in all aspects of software development - simple, elegant, scalable, well tested, and documented.
- You're results oriented, self-determined individual with a track-record of delivering on plans with minimal guidance.
- You can communicate in various formats, documentation, presentations, meetings, and convey messages across multiple audiences.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.