The Sales Engineer/Technical Relationship Manager is a member of the HomeAway Technical Relationship Management team, part of Global Partner Services, and works with our Property Manager (PM) and Property Management Software Company (PMSC) clients during pre-sale/pre-integration and post-sale/post-integration phases. The Technical Relationship Manager also works closely with the Business Development, Integration Solutions, Pre-Implementation, and Implementation teams to ensure great service for our PM and PMSC clients.
What you’ll do:
• Work with Business Development and Engagement Management to ensure optimum systems setup for new and existing PMSCs; work with Sales and Engagement Management to provide the same for PM clients using proprietary software, including pre-sales support and recommendations, as well as post-integration client training
• Provide long-term technical relationship management for PMSCs, including regular contact to review upgrades, upcoming releases planned by the PMSC, and health of integration and processes; serve as technical relationship contact for PMSCs; coordinate plans and solutions with partner teams, such as Business Development and Tier 2 Integration Support, as needed
• Keep pulse on integration projects, serving as escalation point for Engagement Management team, if required
• Develop processes and systems to provide quick yet thorough responses to internal and external client requests and requirements
• Perform analysis and research to provide creative solutions to technical problems
• Work with Engagement Management team to help plan global capacity
• Gather product requirements from PMs and PMSCs globally and work closely with Product, Product Marketing, Pre-Implementation, Implementation, and Integration Solutions teams to ensure product is a great fit for customers; provide feedback as a technical resource for future integration strategies and long-range planning
• Travel within EU 1-2 times per quarter to attend client meetings and industry events
Who you are:
• Previous Technical Account Management, Sales Engineering, or similar experience in a client-facing role
• Technical understanding of modern web integrations using XML, data transfer, data integrity and security, and payment and data processing compliancy good practices
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good organizational, process, and project management skills
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills; experience dealing with multiple international stakeholders, as well as clients
• A flexible, hands-on approach with strong initiative and motivation to work in a constantly changing environment
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering or applicable work experience
• Fluency in written and spoken English and German
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
• Competitive health and insurance benefits
• Competitive salary
• Annual target bonus or commission
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Free snacks and beverages
• Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
• Free listing on HomeAway.com
• Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
• Discounted Metro & Rail pass
• Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.