The Pillow team at HomeAway unlocks an entire new category of valuable urban inventory for Expedia Group with our cutting-edge products and technology. By harnessing the exploding short-term rental market, we give multifamily owners revenue, visibility, and control over short term rentals in their buildings.
This unique amenity gives the residents in the building the freedom to host and allows people all over the world to supplement their income and travel more. We also automate and scale the management of vacant units, guest suites, and corporate housing to help building owners maximize their revenue.
What you’ll do
While we are small now, we have big plans for growth, and with Expedia behind us we’re ready to blast off. Your contribution will enable us to provide Homeaway (as part of Expedia Group) with a vital new source of urban inventory. You’ll be building critical new features to support our growth, execute our product vision, and help us scale to millions of users. We work with a broad set of technologies, and we’re looking for someone comfortable moving across the stack to deliver a quality product. Some of our exciting projects in the coming year include:
- Architecting a unified multifamily short term rental platform to accelerate Expedia’s urban growth
- Expanding demand to our units by millions of new travelers by optimizing distribution
- Building and perfecting our unique Pillow Price Guarantee technology, leveraging predictive software to minimize risk while maximizing activation.
- Expanding our on demand cleaning service technology to capture new opportunities, including enhancing our vendor mobile app
- Analyzing the short-term rental market, including using image recognition and machine learning.
Some of the technologies we use include NodeJS, Ruby, React, React Native, Kafka, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, SQL, and Redis.
Who you are
- You share strong opinions, loosely held, and you are comfortable setting the standards and providing mentorship and guidance for your team. You’ve worked up and down the web stack, from building beautiful UIs to working with backend services.
- Our platforms include mobile apps built in React Native, web servers and microservices built in Node and Ruby, and web applications built with React and Angular so UI framework experience is expected.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- You take your work seriously but not yourself. You show everyone respect regardless of the circumstance.
Traits you possess:
- Communication skills: You are great at listening, speaking, and writing and you’re capable of conveying complex ideas and information regardless of the medium or situation.
- Product-Centric Thinking: You have opinions about how the product you’re building should work. You dig deep to understand the best way to utilize technology to solve problems.
- Self-Directed: Once you’ve got something, we don’t have to worry about it. You have a bias toward action.
- Passion: You love being able to contribute to making the product seamless to the users, have a passion for traveling, using that experience to make better travel platforms from the traveler and property owners perspective.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive health and insurance benefits.
Annual target bonus or commission.
Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
Paid vacation and sick time.
Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Free snacks and beverages.
Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Free listing on HomeAway.com.
Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.