Are you a Product Manager that is passionate about creating great products and loves technology?
We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to join HomeAway's Partner Experience team to define and build integrations that support our partners: vacation rental owners and property managers. Specifically, you will focus on rates and revenue management for medium-to-large sized partners who run their business within 3rd party Software and distribute to HomeAway via APIs, enabling them to configure pricing for hundreds or thousands of properties. You’ll extract impactful revenue management strategies from partner research, traditional lodging, competition, and other industries in order to inform your roadmap of features for partners to configure their rates & pricing. This requires close collaboration with property management software companies, property managers, and all product teams throughout the traveler booking flow.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct market research across all user segments and competitive landscape, identifying and prioritizing market needs and opportunities
- Create roadmap and define priorities for your product, defining and articulating the product vision to empower engineer teams to deliver value to our customers
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in prudent planning decisions
- Drive the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from strategy to end-user adoption, actively participating in agile product development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog of priorities
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the data engineering and business intelligence teams
- Meet frequently with business partners to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs to inform requirements for internal tools to support integrated partners
- Collaborate with product managers across the entire booking flow to align against your integrated partner experience vision, vet dependencies, align priorities, define a/b tests and implement experience changes
- Partner with UX designers to research, define, and test next generation experiences that increase the adoption of the products, improve conversion of new customers, and improve customer satisfaction
- Work closely with customer experience, sales and adoption teams to collect requirements and user feedback from the field
- Launch new products in collaboration with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Handle resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners
Who you are:
Product Managers should possess strong business insight and be passionate about the user, well-designed online and mobile products, and software development standard methodologies.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a high-tech software company, preferably a B2C e-commerce environment
- Experience leading multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of web applications, while delivering on schedule
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions
- Ability to lead large, complex, global projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- High level of initiative and desire to create an extraordinary user experience for our customers
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred BS or BA in related field, MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.