Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational?
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, part of the Expedia Group.
HomeAway has the best websites around the world to book beach homes, cabins and condos. With more than two million places to stay in 190 countries, travellers can find the perfect holiday home to meet their needs. Our mission is to make every holiday rental in the world available to every traveller in the world through our online marketplace. We're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, driven, and experienced Affiliate Partnerships Manager to expand our affiliate distribution channels (B2B) in Southern Europe; France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. This role will be based in our London office.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a can-do attitude, who is looking for a role that includes both Business Development and Account Management. Working in partnership with other regional and cross-functional teams, you will have a high degree of autonomy within a team-centric organisation. You can expect a dynamic environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing valuable career-building experience.
What you will do
In this role, you will lead HomeAway’s branded distribution partnership efforts across multiple markets and have management responsibility for online marketing partners, including Affiliate Networks, Portals and other premier publisher segments.
You will be highly data-driven, customer-centric and have consistent experience in driving growth within an e-commerce environment through both performance marketing and partnerships as well as possessing the relevant technical and business development expertise.
This role reports into the Director of Affiliate Partnerships EMEA and will work closely with other members of this regional and our global team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Dedicatedly grow and manage your sales pipeline, while supporting other team members to keep growing our business as a team
- Run all processes leading up to finalising distribution deals (i.e. prospecting, making first contact, meetings, contracting, integration, follow up, relationship management)
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these companies and match them with our range of services to create and maximise new business opportunities
- Negotiate and finalise deals in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies
- Build and maintain a professional network within the online travel industry
- Monitor, research, and report findings on market developments in your region
- Attend travel conferences in your region to increase your network and promote HomeAway and our local brands
- You will maintain and develop successful business partnerships with HomeAway’s business partners and handle all aspects of partner interactions in the assigned region
- Optimise existing relationships, advising and influencing our business partners to adjust their site or utilise our technologies to maintain and exceed performance targets.
- You will make valuable contributions to client relationships through a very deep understanding of digital marketing activities & experience/ability to operate across borders, influencing appropriately in different cultures
- Receive assignments in the form of goals and determine how to use resources and time to meet schedules and objectives
Who you are
- Background in B2B, affiliate, or account management.
- Knowledge of the (online) travel industry; specifically, the accommodation category, ideally alternative accommodation
- Account management or similar relationship management experience required
- Online marketing, affiliate marketing and travel industry experience in assigned region
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; be very comfortable performing data analysis and making decisions based on the results.
- General aptitude for statistical analysis and reporting, an eye for trends and attention to detail required
- Exemplify the hands-on approach and eager to learn
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision
- Willing to travel ~10% of your time to meet clients in face-to-face meetings
- BA/BS or higher, from an accredited college or university is preferable
- Fluent in English; native French speaker, additional languages, particularly Italian or Spanish are a plus
What do we have to offer?
In addition to an attractive salary with annual targeted bonus, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including:
- Free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- Great healthcare scheme
- Target Annual Bonus
- 25 days Paid Vacation
- Regular company update talks with our C-Team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organisation but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility programme, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.