HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Do you have a passion for technology/IT? Are you also experienced in delivering world-class customer service? If so then this is the role that will enable you to combine both skills! As an APAC Technical Support Coordinator at HomeAway you will be coordinating the Technical Support effort for the Customer Experience Teams in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. You will partner with the wider Tech Support Team to identify when product features are defective as well as assist our customers to identify and resolve issues that may exist on the customer’s side. This requires both an intimate knowledge of product as well as some extended general technical knowledge of web browser technologies, operating systems and hardware. Interfacing directly with regional and global stakeholders they should possess strong communication skills and be able to explain technical concepts to all.
What you’ll do:
- Support the analysis and identification of issue severity levels and follow appropriate escalation procedures.
- Raise these issues to the appropriate business teams and collaborate cross functionally.
- Maintain strong working relationship with global product and engineering teams lobbying for timely issue resolution
- Be the point of contact for the larger business on current customer issues
- Support business requirements analysis
- Contribute to knowledge gained of CS through documentation of issues, resolutions and workarounds
- Lead the training and sharing of the information to all teams
- Work with the Customer Experience Leadership Team and Quality Assurance to ensure agent’s knowledge and skills on technical issues
- Report weekly to the CS Managers on Tech Support targets
- Monitor all the technical and CS channels to be aware of ongoing defects
- Facilitate weekly status reports and progress meetings
- Meet with other HomeAway global Tech Support Coordinators for best practice sharing and process alignment
- Be an advocate for the voice of the customer
Who you are:
- 1–2 years’ experience as a Customer or Technical Support Agent.
- Experience with browser technologies including a thorough understanding of cookies, security controls, extensions and add-ons of popular browsers like IE, Firefox and Safari.
- Knowledge of the methods and tools used to manage technology support requests with a drive to continually improve and optimize these processes/tool.
- Experience with MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- Understand network technologies and protocols like DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TCPIP and basic troubleshooting of connection related issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to analyses policies, procedures and data to achieve workable solutions.
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrating the aptitude to develop prepare reports, user stories and planning documents for diverse audiences.
- Able to appropriately adjust communication skills dependent on audience.
- Ability to respond to challenging situations or people and resolve conflicts with mutually agreed outcomes.
- Maintain a professional, positive, and pro-active approach and project the demeanor of a team member who contributes to solutions.
- Able to work independently and hold yourself accountable.
- Ability to work flexible hours with occasional travel required to Auckland and Singapore.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.