HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you passionate about providing world-class customer service? Are you a problem solver who likes to investigate problems coming up with a solution? We are looking for a Customer Service Specialist to be at the forefront of inbound calls from Property Managers and Property owners who have properties listed on our HomeAway platform. You will be the first point of contact providing answers and solutions via written correspondence and over the phone to their questions or queries.
Who you are:
- A thinker who is detail-oriented and quality focused delivering fast and accurate responses to queries
- Computer literate with basic troubleshooting experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills able to reliably deliver information concisely and accurately
- Adaptable to change and flexible with a can-do approach and a positive attitude
- A problem solver who enjoys delivering a world-class customer experience proudly representing the HomeAway brand
- 1-2 years of customer experience either in retail or in a corporate environment
- You look to master a repetitive task and look for opportunities of improvement in existing processes
What you’ll do:
- Support and provide superior customer service via telephone and email.
- Achieve customer satisfaction and response time targets.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Build positive rapport with different types of customers over the telephone.
- Quality checking and review of new listings.
- Initiate process improvements to continually enhance customer experience through operational efficiency.
- Off phone duties include spreadsheet maintenance, working on presentation of property listings, creating subscription contracts, processing sales and payments.
- Follow up any product performance concerns to ensure continued customer satisfaction.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.