Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Are you a hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and provide advanced accounting expertise in support of a company’s revenue drivers and initiatives?
HomeAway is looking for a talented Senior Manager, Regulatory Operations to manage a cross-functional team focused on regulatory operations and differentiating HomeAway in communities across the globe. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure across HomeAway’s business operations and functional teams. You and your team will partner with Regional Leaders, Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Legal and Government Affairs to research and define standard methodologies, collaborate on action plans, lead execution and track overall progress. You will influence leadership and maintain strong alignment with key departments to ensure our response to evolving regulations is well planned and effectively executed. You and your team will understand the overall business impact of regulation, implement coordinated programs in response to regulation and liaise with municipal staff to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Lead by example in demonstrating HomeAway’s commitment to community partnership;
- Develop scalable process and tools to meet regulatory objectives, develop a framework to identify and resolve gaps;
- Collaborate with municipal staff to resolve issues and find opportunities for improvement;
- Partner cross-functionally to resolve performance issues linked to regulatory changes;
- Establish a weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting cadence for leadership and stakeholders;
- Derive insights from internal and external data that enables leadership to make critical business and investment decisions;
- Inspire team members to pursue a culture of customer centricity and continuous improvement;
- Lead employee development through effective goal setting, regular coaching and continuous feedback;
- Supervise and provide assistance by sharing your why, answering questions with an open mind, giving feedback and providing guidance on team issues with demonstrated subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred;
- 6+ years of experience with exposure to operations and/or E-commerce;
- 2+ years of experience leading a team in an operational function;
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces and/or regulated industries a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence others;
- Track record of creative and structured problem solving;
- Basic Tableau/SQL/GA/(BigQuery)/(Datameer) skills.
Keys to Success in the Role:
- Moving quickly and deliberately, using data to guide decisions and testing to achieve breakthroughs;
- Welcoming new ideas and opinions, especially if they challenge your beliefs; actively listening with humility and respect;
- Playing to win and openly discussing options when goals compete; uniting to deliver results for our company and customers;
- Communicating directly, sharing feedback at all levels, and engaging in debate while maintaining objectivity;
- Influencing and motivating resources outside your team;
- Committing to continuous development and mastery of your craft.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.