Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational?
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, part of the Expedia Group.
HomeAway has the best websites around the world to book beach homes, cabins and condos. With more than two million places to stay in 190 countries, travellers can find the perfect holiday home to meet their needs. Our mission is to make every holiday rental in the world available to every traveller in the world through our online marketplace. We're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you experienced in social media operations with a passion for travel and technology?
HomeAway is seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to help with social media operations for the EMEA market. As Social Media Operations Specialist, you will work alongside the Social Media team to foster the growth and engagement of the HomeAway online community, concentrating on Germany, running content production and publishing workflows, promoting content, growing fan bases and engaging with customers and fans across all of our platforms.
What you will do:
This role will assist the Global Social Media teams with daily social media tasks, which keep the social media program running, and tracking to our goals, on a day to day basis. You will be extremely organised, have experience running multiple projects, and have knowledge of a corporate social media program, social tools, and social network management platforms, like Facebook Ads Manager. The role will also coordinate with a variety of teams, both in the US and Europe. This is a great opportunity to learn the inner workings of a growing social media program with bold plans and goals.
Brand Specific Description: Heavier on Fewo Direkt but will support multiple EMEA brands as needed
- Run day-to-day social media deliverables, including publishing/scheduling content, monitoring and labeling conversations and content performance tracking
- Engage in conversations with customers on the our EMEA customers on social platforms, and dedicatedly search for conversations on social networks to assist in traveller acquisition efforts
- Work with Social Media manager and internal creative team to ensure content for social media editorial calendar has been produced and delivered according to requirements
- Create social media content as needed to supplement assets delivered by creative team
- Utilise paid social media to promote content and acquire fans on various social networks
- Assist the local marketing teams, in coordination with the global social media program, in maintaining a documented creative testing roadmap via JIRA
- Support influencer program by coordinating campaign logistics for travel arrangements and ensuring required content deliverables are met
- Regularly communicate with local marketing manager and global social media team, to provide social media guidance for the local market, identify trends and opportunities and support local campaigns
- Support tracking/reporting against quarterly success metrics and goals, content performance and influencer campaigns for the social media team
Who you are:
- Fluent in English and German - Essential
- Experience working with digital content and an up-to-date understanding of social media strategies, tactics, advertising and analytics
- Ability to handle multiple work streams, prioritise assignments and work as a team-player in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to transform social media analytics data into clear, intelligent insights for marketing team
- Ability to quickly learn and master new tools and tasks as necessary
- Experience with Social Media Management platform like Spredfast, Sprinklr or Hootsuite
- Experience working on influencer campaigns a plus
- Passionate about social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and highly organised
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Experience in a social media programme with hands-on experience in analytics tools and network platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc
- Agency experience a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organisation but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility programme, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.