HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands. Our Software Engineering team is growing fast and the Madrid office, located in Paseo de la Castellana, is becoming one of the main tech hubs in Europe for HomeAway. Are you a talented software engineer who wants to work with the latest technologies?
Challenges you can work on:
- Create experiences seen by over 100 million people a month: your code will impact millions of potential travelers globally
- Be part of a fast paced environment, at the cross section of travel and marketing technology industries
- Develop scalable, secure, tested and reliable applications for a distributed Microservices environment
- Engineer smart services that will allow for real time in-session personalization based off user behavior and data
- Scale our public API to allow other partners to leverage HomeAway services & experiences on third party sites
- Appreciate and enhance a software development team committed to mutual learning through peer code reviews and innovation
- Share your work with your peers and participate in our Internal Open Source by delivering high quality code that levels up your team and the entire organization
- Endless opportunities to grow your career the way you want
Our current tech stack (constantly evolving):
- Scala, Kafka, Akka, Dropwizard, Cassandra, Mongo, Docker, AWS, Java, Maven, SQL, Elasticsearch, Samza, Spark, Hadoop
Required skills for this role:
- 5+ years professional development experience, with demonstrated Scala/Java web application expertise
- Experience with Scala/Java 8 based REST and service-oriented architecture
- Analytical problem solver who is passionate about delivering high quality software
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and an ability/willingness to learn more
- Strongsoftware development skills and knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments in English
- Experience in some of the technologies we use:• Knowledge of test automation tools & frameworks
- • Familiarity with continuous delivery and integration tools • Knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL data models • Knowledge of A/B testing frameworks and apps • Experience in the E-commerce or Travel Industries
Main responsibilities below:
- Owning new features from inception to production release, working across the company with different teams in an agile environment
- Provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed Microservices environment
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable, reliable and monitored
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools in a continuous integration and delivery lifecycle
- Committed to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring and perfecting code
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
- Find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems
- Salary range: Above market value, dependant on experience
- Private health insurance • Modern workplace installations
- Work with people from all over the world • Free Coffee, Fruit, Sodas and others :)
HomeAway Worldwide Office Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bqOzDYujN4
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Check us out on https://www.themuse.com/companies/homeaway/office/london Ourfamily of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® PartnerSolutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®,lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®,Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia®CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®. Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.