HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is looking a Staff Software Engineer to play a key role engineering and building out solutions and tools that enable our global Sales and Customer Experience teams to support millions of vacation rental owners and traveler customers across the HomeAway platform. We are looking for an adaptable, high performing, motivated, and self-reliant full-stack Software Engineer with past experience developing leading edge web applications in a cloud architecture. These applications will use hundreds of separate services and applications, via a highly adaptable web layer using the latest technologies allowing us to provide an extraordinary experience to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Challenges You’ll Work On:
- Build reusable component-based web UI architectures with React.js
- Develop features relying on event-driven data, microservices, and data science programming models
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Build RESTful APIs using Node.js and Hapi.js
- Drive architectural decisions on our frontend and backend systems
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience developing web applications
- Comfortable collaborating on a multi-functional team including product management, architects, and UI designers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Skilled with server-side JS frameworks (Node.js, Hapi.js, Express, etc)
- Skilled with single page application JS frameworks (React.js, Redux, etc.)
- Skilled in building RESTful APIs
- Knowledge/experience of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Git, Docker, TeamCity, etc.) a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.