HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager Customer Operations with the right blend of leadership and deep operational skills to lead our internal and outsourced customer operations team for HomeAway Australia and New Zealand and support the development of the long-term customer care vision of the business for a 7 month fixed term contract. You will enjoy working across multiple disciplines with senior global leadership teams: operational excellence, leadership, regionalisation, contact center footprint strategies, channel optimisation.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for overall quality, performance and customer experience of our internal operations and offshore contact centres for ANZ.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics and reporting to make sure defined productivity and customer satisfaction service levels are met.
- Lead employee development through clear goal setting, training plans, regular coaching and performance reviews.
- Inspire team members toward a culture of customer centricity and continuous improvement
- Supervise and provide assistance by answering questions, giving feedback and providing guidance on team issues with demonstrated subject matter expertise.
- Be accountable for demand forecasting, capacity planning and agent scheduling processes to meet service-level targets.
- Advocate for process and policy changes that optimise the user experience and innovate toward simplicity and scalability.
- Ensure team members have the tools and training to deliver their jobs efficiently, advocate for product enhancements and provide business requirements when changes are needed.
- Drive performance improvement and cost containment through identification and reduction of call drivers, detractor drivers, incidents and complaints.
- Handle customer escalations effectively.
- Represent Customer Experience department on multiple cross-functional product and project teams (lead department efforts on select new product launches etc.)
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly business reporting
- Monitor and meet monthly operational expense targets
Who you are:
- Passionate about travel, customer experience and operational excellence
- 5 or more years’ managerial experience in a customer operations environment
- Consistent track record in the following areas: customer focus, team building and mentoring, collaboration in a matrixed organisation, executive level presentations
- Energised by fast-paced change in a growing business
- Bachelors degree in business, operations, engineering or equivalent demonstrated work experience
- Experience with management of outsourced, offshore teams preferred
- Strong analytical, organisational and data-led decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to inspire and work collaboratively with individuals of different cultures and levels of seniority in a global and virtual environment
- Proven success adjusting operations to business changes
- Understands the why behind customer needs and can clearly articulate it to others
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Note that some travel may be required (approximately 2-3 trips to Auckland)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.