HomeAway’s Pricing Optimization team is looking for talented software engineers wanting to get involved in one of the most challenging spaces in all of HomeAway. Our goal is to build out an extraordinary team of engineers, focused on optimizing HomeAway’s take and revenue management across the entire ecosystem. Together, we will build the future of HomeAway’s pricing domain, combining complex business ideas with state of the art tech.
We are a backend focused team, creating and maintaining large distributed systems operating at the speed of light. We are mostly a Java shop backed by a variety of No-SQL data stores. Our teams are data-driven, agile, and focused on delivering a quality, competitive price into the marketplace. As a member of the team, you will be at the forefront of our business strategy, building a suite of product and levers impacting our global marketplace.
Challenges You’ll Work On
As a tech leader, you will be working closely with our counterparts in business to design new pricing related levers in our marketplace. As a team, we will build out a flexible, highly performant A/B testing framework capable of processing billions of transactions an hour in near real time.
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable payment engines that will process billions of dollars per year.
- You will use real-time data to understand customers needs before they do.
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based on user behavior and data.
- Scale our public API to allow other partners to use HomeAway services & experiences on third party sites.
- You will help simplify core booking and listing workflow to enhance our partner’s experience
Technologies We Use:
Java8, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB, Spark, S3, AWS, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, Scala, New Relic, Data Dog, Looker.
Who You Are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience with Java.
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well across multiple departments.
- Commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Deploy to production daily using CI/CD and feature flags.
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!).
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Create and maintain quality software using premier tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and Jenkins.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.