Interested in a rare opportunity to help craft the future of the sharing economy? Want to be an integral part of building the foundation of a global marketplace? Are you a Product Manager that is passionate about creating great products and loves technology?
HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to join HomeAway's Pricing product team join us in crafting products that power the next generation, vacation home rental, eCommerce experience.
As part of the Product Management team, you will contribute to the success of the team by owning the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap based on extensive market research and testing, defining requirements, and collaborating with a team of engineers, analysts, and data scientists to design, implement, test, and refine new product features. You will serve as product expert combining industry analysis, end-user feedback, and development knowledge to establish a product vision, multi-year solution vision, and an effective engineering partnership to deliver a world-class solution. You will partner with leaders from across HomeAway, through open communication, to ensure we are building the best pricing platform for our travelers and partners.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will contribute to the product vision and strategy for HomeAway programs which reward great partnership from property owners. You will be taking responsibility for two product lines which quantifiably reward partners for the good actions they take and empower them to invest that reward in actions that increase the likelihood of securing future bookings. You will also assume ownership of HomeAway's platform that explores fee sensitivity in travelers and proposes changes to power a healthy marketplace.
- Refine product strategy and roadmap to ensure we develop the most compelling product and experience for our partners.
- Collaborate with product management, UX designers, data science, data analytics, and engineering teams to identify future needs and prioritize development and delivery, balancing the needs of all involved.
- Ensure products and features are clearly defined and property delivered to build marketplace trust and success today and in the future.
- As part of this position you will monitor and investigate internal and external customer and partner feedback to make sure needs and concerns are being addressed.
- Collaborate with the Analytics and data science teams to track and report on the performance of product features. (e.g. adoption, conversion)
- Partner with product marketing and product leaders across the company to ensure smooth launch of new products and capabilities. Build support for meaningful platform initiatives.
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in product launch decisions and aware of challenges and obstacles.
Who You Are:
To be considered for the position, you will have proven relevant expertise in directing online product strategy and development of business-to-business and consumer-focused products and services. You will be passionate about well-designed online and mobile software products, with experience that highlights the impact of your dedication.
- 3-5 years of experience delivering software products, at least three in a role of product thought leadership.
- 3 years experience as the primary owners of a product backlog, working across multiple disciplines and teams to collect input and setting priority based on product and business goals.
- 2 years experience in an agile "product owner" role: Defining and accepting work at the team level each development cycle.
- Prior experience developing products which include customer facing UX interfaces. Mobile experience a plus.
- Prior experience delivering online marketplace and/or eCommerce-focused products highly desirable.
- Prior experience with virtual economies and/or supply/demand price optimizations a plus.
- Skilled in A/B test design and other methodologies for validating product change impacts within an ecommerce environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and group communication skills
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces a plus
- May travel up to 10%
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.