The Sr. Business Analyst, EMEA Retail is a critical role in implementing the business objectives of HomeAway in the EMEA region.
This role will be responsible for developing, analyzing and drawing insights from the core operating metrics for HomeAway’s business in EMEA, and will provide detailed planning and organization across multiple contributing areas, and support the implementation of our business initiatives on an end-to-end basis, from kick-off until tangible business impact is delivered. The Sr Business Analyst will help develop business strategy and plan, contribute to budgets and forecasts, collaborate on action plans, and coordinate and track progress on execution, with a focus one-commerce initiatives.
He or she will partner with our financial planning and business analytics teams as well as cross-functional team members (Product, Product Marketing, Supply, etc.). This person’s work will have influence over almost every major function of our business, and develop a very strong understanding of our marketplace’s main functions and performance drivers. He or she will have regular and frequent interaction with senior leadership across the organization, and will maintain strong alignment and partnerships with key departments and businesses to ensure that the overall EMEA business is well planned, understood, communicated and effectively executed.
The role will report directly to the Director, EMEA Strategy & eCommerce based in London, UK.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, operational plans as well as monitoring and tracking for the overall business performance and in support to specific initiatives such as instant/online book ability, Merchant of Record, and payments.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the operating metrics that drive our business objectives, and partner with functional teams (sales, marketing, product marketing, product) to ensure the successful implementation of critical initiatives.
- Provide regular reporting to the company on the business results and key drivers of metrics for EMEA’s business.
- Provide business analysis for key initiatives designed to achieve short-term financial goals and long-term business strategies. Develop detailed financial, planning and performance evaluation models for ongoing key business decisions and strategic options.
- Develop data-driven insights that achieve higher levels of traffic, booking conversion, new listing adoption, listing renewal, supplier adoption of key listing enhancements and monetization.
- Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlight category trends and key competitive issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience required
- Exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce, preferably in Product Marketing or Business Intelligence.
- Excellent analytical skills, including use of database tools, SQL.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach to problem solving.
- Proven excellence in program and project management.
- Ability to build effective relationships across a matrix of functional teams.
Key Behaviors for Success in the Role:
- Ability to work both at the “30,000-feet” level for the overall business, as well as the “ground” level to gather insights or drive execution.
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and resourcefulness.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Quantitative analysis skills and quick understanding of sensitivities and trade-offs at play.
- Direct and transparent approach to communication.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively.
- Ability to inspire and motivate resources outside your own internal team.
- Multiple EU languages spoken is a plus.