About Us:HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the worldleader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAwayoffers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelerswith memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, forless than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makesit easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise theirproperties and manage bookings online.
Challenges you canwork on:
- Scale ourservices to more than 60k requests per second
- Developfast, scalable, highly available, and reliable payment engines that will processbillions of dollars per year
- Usereal-time data to understand customers’ needs before they do
- Dockerizeour apps and services for cloud deployment
- Developfeatures that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops Developa smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based offuser behavior and data
- Scale ourpublic API to allow other partners to leverage HomeAway services &experiences on third party sites
- Simplifycore booking and listing workflow to enhance our travelers & suppliersexperience
- AWS,Docker, Mesos Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Samza,NoSQL, Java8, Spark, Streaming data
- BS or MS inComputer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years ofprofessional software development experience
- Technicalleadership experience
- Excellentcommunication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally acrossmultiple departments
- Providehands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making Ownnew features from design to production release
- Dedicatedto delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed SOAenvironment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Create andmaintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic,Sonar and TeamCity
- Work withQA, product management, and operations in an Agile environment Participate inresolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow aperformant production environment in a way that makes the system increasinglyreliable
- Opportunitiesto showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
- Participatein our inner source culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high qualitycode that levels up not only your team but the entire organizationOpportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal &external conferences
- Conductpeer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers
- Competitivehealth and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxablebenefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadershipteam.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.