HomeAway, an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries with a global platform spanning across over 50 websites and 23 languages. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through an online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Purpose of the role
As ANZ Sales and Supply Director, you will be responsible for leading Account Management teams within Australia and New Zealand, covering both business-to-consumer (For Rent by Owner, “FRBO”) and business-to-business (Property Manager, “PM”) segments. Success will be based on achieving ANZ Gross Booking Value(GBV), revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals across all ANZ key destinations. As the teams Manager you will optimize supply for booking conversion, content, rates, and calendar availability, acquire attractive inventory in high value destinations, and develop strong partner relationships.
- Directly lead and develop the ANZ Sales and Supply Sales teams to ensure alignment with the global sales and supply strategy and develop a sales culture integrated into the overall global sales culture.
- Lead the Sales and Supply team’s continuing transformation from achieving acquisition sales, retention, and upsell targets set at the Brand level, to achieving GBV, revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals.
- Drive innovation utilising a test and learn methodology, A/B test/control testing, and tracking incremental ROI of sales programs.
- Collaborate with Regional Director, ANZ to ensure sales and supply initiatives are aligned with overall ANZ strategy.
- Lead a strong operational (processes) and technical (systems and tools) integration with Marketing to integrate broader end to end Marketing and Sales campaigns.
- Ongoing optimization of staffing levels and sales processes to drive increasing productivity while achieving sales and supply targets.
- Manage the ANZ operating model across all sales teams including weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates, forecasts, action plans, and business reviews.
- Build the company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, channel partners, etc.) and represent the company at key industry trade shows and events, in collaboration with Marketing.
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by ensuring partner ROI and booking volume objectives are achieved through regular partner contact and engagement.
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by global sales and supply leadership
- Effectively manage working relationships, team's productivity and morale despite internal or external pressures.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in a Sales Director, Sales Manager or equivalent role
- Bachelor or Masters degree attained
- Demonstrated success in leading sales organisations through material change
- Consistent track record achieving performance targets, while developing the team to prepare for change needed to be successful in the quarters and years ahead
- Deep knowledge of the travel industry, including key players, market trends, high level requirements and success factors from a supply perspective
- Bridges and sustains productive and long-term internal and external partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Coaches team members in behaviours for personal effectiveness, results orientation
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationships, team player and results/action-orientated.
Some of the perks working for HomeAway are:
- Stunning offices with 180 degree views of the harbour
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity
- Be yourself with casual dress code
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, free food and great coffee
- An active social committee who organise quarterly team social events e.g. Climbing the Harbour Bridge, Family Picnic Day.
- Opportunities for development within our global business in any of our 19 offices.
To find out more, check out:
- Life at HomeAway Global video: https://youtu.be/Ut6eZpy0xps
- Website: http://www.homeaway.com
- Careers Page: https://www.homeaway.com/careers
- Tag: #LifeatHomeAway