The Senior Product Manager, Reputation will be responsible for helping our guests and hosts (property owners and property managers) have the confidence to interact and efficiently transact with each other through our platform. Both parties need to know that the other is who they say they are and that they will be a good actor in the marketplace.
You will create a roadmap of work defining which reputation signals need to be collected, verified, and communicated, in a way that improves the customer experience and limits friction. Creating an environment where customers trust each other and are motivated to help each other transact is a psychological and technical challenge. We’re looking for a someone who is qualified and motivated to take on this challenge.
What you’ll do:
- You will contribute to the product vision and planning and drive the product roadmap.
- You will work with cross-functional partners to research requirements.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes.
- Work closely with user experience designers to research, define, and test UI.
- Collaborate daily with the development team to write and prioritize user stories.
- Drive a high-velocity testing roadmap to ensure continuous learning.
- Help evaluate, integrate and maintain relationships with external suppliers.
- Monitor and investigate customer feedback and customer support metrics.
- Handle the resolution of urgent technical issues.
- Launch new features in collaboration with product marketing.
- Understand the market and identity gaps and opportunities to improve the product.
- Collaborate with the business intelligence team to define, track and report on metrics.
- Communicate broadly on decisions, progress, and plans.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- You have experience in using data to make decisions and utilizing the scientific method of observing, hypothesizing and measuring to learn and refine strategy.
- You have a consistent record of leading a product line in a global, dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and drive collaborative decisions.
- Experience with online travel and/or 2-sided consumer marketplaces preferred.
- Experience with ID verification methodologies and 3rd party services preferred.
- BS or BA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to travel 5% Internationally.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.