Are you looking for a meaningful career in a client-focused team environment, where you get to use your excellent leadership and analytical skills to help others? Are you passionate about operational excellence, data-driven decisions, and inspiring teams to deliver world-class support? Are you a customer-focused self-starter, with excellent communication and listening skills, with a passion for leading and growing managers and teams to deliver high customer satisfaction? If so, we want to talk with you!
We are seeking a Director of Customer Support to become part of our Customer Experience and Software Products Leadership teams. We operate a high touch, relationship centered, satisfaction focused contact center that supports professional property managers. In this role, you have the responsibility for leading a team of 50+ employees in North America, through a leadership team of 7 managers. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President of HomeAway Global Customer Experience, as well as sit on the leadership team for HomeAway Software products. You will be tasked with development and execution of strategies to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction in this B2B business throughout the customer lifecycle. We are looking for extraordinary communication and teamwork skills to work effectively in a matrixed environment. Responsibilities include customer onboarding, customer support, information development, and customer relationship management. In addition, you will ensure that team members have the tools and training to do their jobs efficiently, advocate for product improvements, and provide business requirements when changes are needed.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for customer experience and operational excellence as a member of the HomeAway Software leadership team as you interact with the leaders of business, sales, marketing, product management, and development.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics and reporting to make sure defined productivity and customer satisfaction service levels are met, and address issues quickly when they are not.
- Ensure your team's success in delivering complex software implementations
- Responsibility for customer education through delivery of training material, product documentation, and tools
- Drive long-lasting and constructive relationships with your most important customers through an account management team
- Conduct ongoing analysis of contact drivers to drive continuous improvement in service levels, customer delight, and overall customer experience (product, agent training, online help options).
- Lead employee (individual and manager) development through clear goal setting, training plans, regular mentoring and performance reviews.
- Support team managers by answering questions, giving feedback and providing mentorship on team issues.
- Conduct regular gap analysis to identify service expansion needs or process/support offering changes.
- Regularly review and ensure that policies, procedures and guidelines are being followed.
- Advocate for process and policy changes that improve customer experience and innovate toward simplicity.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise across functional areas of responsibility.
- Leverage broader CE global functional areas as needed to drive operational and experience improvement.
- Own and resolve client support escalations.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of managerial experience, ideally across multiple functional areas in services, technical support, and operations. Contact center experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience managing and developing team leads and / or managers.
- Experience managing technical operations, sales, or service teams in a B2B environment.
- Consistent track record of delivering great customer satisfaction in complex, rapidly-changing environments.
- Validated ability to run multiple projects while also ensuring the successful day-to-day operations of the contact center.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills with all levels of employees, including C-level management.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multitask and produce both individual-personal
- Customer support management experience required, Experience working within a software business preferred. Internet or travel industry experience useful.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources, work effectively and efficiently with large data sets, and make sound, timely decisions from analysis.
- Experience with CRM and service focused software, tools, and processes.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products. Experience with other advanced analysis tools such as Tableau preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required. Masters degree preferred.
Location: This role is based in Austin, TX.
Travel: Up to 20% within North America
What we offer:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.