HomeAway is seeking a highly-motivated Analytics & Reporting Business Analyst to join our Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) team in Madrid. This team produces enterprise-wide visualizations and analytical reporting used by both account managers and senior leadership to make key business decisions. The team consists of high performing creative data analysts capable of crafting and developing critical data sources along with the business knowledge to communicate their findings.
As an analyst on our GPSO team, you will be recognized as both a data and business authority by HomeAway leadership. You'll have the significant responsibility of ensuring that data needs have been recognized, scoped, prioritized, and delivered as useful and creative visualizations.
- You are an expert in data creation, analysis and visualizations utilizing SQL, Hive, AWS and Tableau;
- You will drive improvements to operations and Partner Success reporting through meetings with leaders to understand business challenges, user needs, and quantifying benefits to the organization;
- You will present findings and insights via presentations and meetings to facilitate informed decision-making for the senior leadership team;
- You will partner with Partner Success and Technology leaders to accurately define & prioritize the backlog to ensure the team is working on the right project at the right time;
- Work closely with our BI and Data Warehousing teams to achieve results
- Quickly & expertly resolve day to day issues with existing reports as needed;
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, or related Quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics).
- Master's degree in Business Administration is helpful.
- You are collaborative, technical and thorough, analytical and curious.
- Deep understanding in multiple Data Analysis Tools (MS SQL, Tableau, AWS, Hive)
- Excellent business partnering and communications skills - including working with executive leadership.
- Able to effectively translate complex analyses and conclusions to lay audiences while linking and applying complex technologies to business needs.
- You demonstrate empathy and have the innate ability to see things from other's perspective.
- Experience with agile delivery is a requirement.
What we offer?
In addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast. You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated and dynamic team, supported by a Company with a dream to deliver outstanding service to our customers and excellent business performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.