HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
HomeAway is looking for a Sr.Analyst of Channel Operations to help the company drive insight, performance and recommendations to help our Partners perform optimally in our market place.
HomeAway is actively seeking extraordinary talented people who have shown:
- Exceptional project management ability.
- Successful leadership of highly complex, multi-functional projects.
- Interest and experience in technology, ecommerce and/or consumer products.
- Real passion for travel generally, and the VR industry, specifically.
The Sr. Analyst will report directly to the Director of Program Operations and up through the VP of Partner SuccessStrategy & Operations.
- Working with the Channel Operations team (and broader Partner Success organization) to make recommendations which help the team focus on how to help Partners perform within the HomeAway platform and technology ecosystem.
- Collaborating effectively across all business and support functions at HomeAway (i.e., Executive management, Partner Success, Product, Development, Systems Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Data Science, Finance, etc.) to ensure timely delivery of high-impact work product.
- Deriving insights from internal and external data to enable the team to make well-informed business and investment decisions. (ie Monthly, Quarterly business reviews, forecasting and modeling new revenue share programs).
- Your ability to support and build automation for our revenue share program to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness.
- Driving an agenda helping to develop optimization models aimed at aligning with Partners and Partner Success activity and providing input into the technology tools that enable efficiency for the teams
- Helping to set, handle and monitor the Chanel Operations budget and performance against budget.
- Taking on a variety of strategic projects on an as needed basis (including self-identified projects) and working towards successful outcomes.
- A strong record of academic excellence is ideal for this role
- College/University degree from a premier program is desired
- College/University degree combining business, computer science and/or IT a plus.
- Evidence of professional performance from your previous jobs
- At least 2 years of significant work experience is required.
- Experience at a premier consulting, private equity or banking firm a plus.
- Repeated experience coordinating and conducting the “strategy process,” including:
- You have the capability of framing complicated business problems and understanding the “big picture" quickly
- You can identify key issues, and prioritizing analysis to make data driven decisions
- Driving subsequent analysis to arrive at a well-structured answer
- Exceptional modeling and data skills required (Excel, SQL, etc.)
- Extraordinary analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
- Your experience with agile work-flow and technologies a strong plus (SalesForce, JIRA, Atlassian, etc.).
- The capability to communicate complex commercial problems and insights to a wide audience.
- Solid social, communication and presentation skills.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to work towards action despite incomplete information.
- A true passion for the travel and vacation rental industries.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.