HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Global Product Marketing Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding business objectives for product and policy launches at HomeAway. Critical to the success of the role includes developing a deep understanding of HomeAway’s customers and market and creating go-to-market strategies, internal and external readiness for launches, and strong and enduring product positioning and messages. You will be responsible for identifying customer and business needs and championing solutions through from concept to launch.
Due to the entrepreneurial and dynamic nature of our business, this is an exciting opportunity with a blend of both strategic and executional work. Are you strategic, adaptable, driven by data and strongly motivated to contribute in any way possible to the success of the team and our customers? Are you ready for that next step in your career? If you've excelled in your career of product marketing, take a look at the job description below.
- Define GTM strategies by product launch, globally and locally
- Ensure GTM strategy fits in overall customer journey planning and orchestrating stories across quarters and years
- Own and update GTM playbook for integrated property managers, championing their experience and the best way to release new products that drive growth for HomeAway and this customer segment
- Develop and craft product positioning and one voice/ master content documentation for every launch that supports the entire company through product and policy launches
- Partner with marketing and update/leverage product marketing briefs when planning for external communications as part of a launch
- Review and provide feedback on training and marketing materials provided to support launch
- Provide feedback and input into product development process to ensure product aligns with positioning and messages
- Serve as the hub to all GTM activities, locally and globally driving readiness activities across the entire organization
- Support other team as they prepare functional specific content for launches
- Broadcast GTM activities widely across company on a weekly basis and via quarterly plans
- 5+ years internet, ecommerce experience in an international or global capacity
- 3+ years product marketing experience, preferably B2B
- Experience partnering with Sales and Customer Support teams to become a customer expert and advocate
- Ability and examples of working in close partnership and developing strong relationships with product management and marketing teams
- Understanding and ability to merchandise product features leading to quick adoption and lasting usage
- A proven, successful record of growing product market share through well-executed marketing
- Track record of successfully working in a global, matrixed organization
- MBA preferred
- Experience working with integrated property managers in VR industry is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.