HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.Opportunity:
HomeAway is seeking a talented, high-performing and motivated Marketing manager to lead multi-channel marketing efforts to engage customers at various stages of the customer lifecycle, focusing on driving repeat and incremental vacation bookings among our existing customers (travelers).
This highly visible role you will create the strategy for and program manage the development of personalized customer engagement plans end-to-end. It is critical that you are comfortable in both the strategic and execution dimensions of marketing, project managing a matrixed team of global marketing channel authorities. Strong strategic, analytical, and creative skills are required as the role is expected to significantly impact performance and drive overall company success. We will look to you to developing and reporting customer retention OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to leadership.
The role requires cross-organizational people management skills, working closely with team members from Creative, Integrated Marketing, Performance Marketing, Product, Data Science and Engineering. You will be passionate about continually testing and learning to drive optimizations of existing programs as well as launching new ones.
- Drive repeat and incremental vacation bookings of travelers through development of integrated omni-channel campaigns
- Map the customer journey and create customer lifecycle communication for travelers, understanding key customer pain points and motivations for purchase to drive re-engagement and repurchase
- Develop an integrated retention marketing strategy and calendar to drive cohesion across all channels with a primary focus on owned and earned channels (Email, website/App, Social) and secondary focus on paid channels (Display, Social, Brand Partnerships, TV, Radio, OOH, SEM, Affiliates).
- Build a Test & Learn strategy using segmentation, creative tests, messaging tests, and frequency tests in order to optimize programs
- Gather internal and external data via partnership with Market Research and Data Science teams to continuously grow our understanding of our customers’ behavior and provide the optimal merchandising strategy
- Partner with Creative team to ensure all campaign assets at any one point in time is omni-channel and on-brand
- Analyze campaign performance in close collaboration with Business Intelligence and Analytics partners
- You have a strong background in CRM, email or acquisition marketing. You understand and have experience in most or all aspects of marketing, including website, mobile, email, direct mail, consumer insights, analytics and working with creative teams
- 7+ years internet, ecommerce experience in a multi-country or global capacity
- 5+ years of customer retention marketing experience (B2C preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage to goals and exceed them
- Collaboration and influencing skills in matrixed organization and/or with teams in different locations and countries
- Deep expertise in omni-channel innovative campaign creations
- Experience working in an iterative, test and learn environment with an understanding of how to leverage A/B testing and post-campaign analysis
- Lead with a one-team approach, building a project team across functions internally, with agencies and with external partners
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, comfortable communicating with executive leadership
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.