HomeAway, an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries with a global platform spanning across over 50 websites and 23 languages. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through an online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Purpose of the role We are seeking an International Tax Analyst for our dynamic and growing tax team. You will be an integral member of HomeAway's International Tax Team, enhancing HomeAway's financial performance through management of tax obligations across Australia and the APAC region. You will work in cooperation with other members of the Tax and Finance teams as a true international tax specialist on a variety of matters including corporate tax, fringe benefit tax, payroll tax, tax compliance, tax reporting and advisory.
- Manage compliance, reporting, controversy and advisory related matters in all APAC jurisdictions in which HomeAway operates (e.g. Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia)
- Preparing and reviewing corporate income tax, withholding tax, fringe benefits tax & payroll tax returns and tax payments
- Assisting with responding to tax audits and correspondence from tax authorities
- Coordinate and work with the Global Tax Reporting team on quarterly and year-end US GAAP tax provision, as well as APAC statutory provision preparation and review
- Supporting the wider international team in respect of researching tax implications of new business initiatives and tax advisory projects
- Work closely with Finance/Accounting teams on tax related matters
- Keep up to date with tax issues and changes in relevant territories
- Degree qualification in Accounting, or equivalent (essential)
- Partly qualified or fully qualified CPA/CA (essential)Big 4 or public accounting experience in Tax
- A passion for international tax.
- Strong inter-personal skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment?
- Strong organisational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to approach problems from a commercial perspective
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes ownership of career and self-development
- Enjoy building relationships and collaborating in a team environment
- Experienced multitasker, with a focus on effective prioritisation
- Ability to utilise tax knowledge and previous experience to contribute to meeting the department's objectives
- Excel in a dynamic, rapidly changing and fast-growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Some of the perks working for HomeAway are:
- Stunning offices with 180-degree views of the harbour
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity
- Be yourself with casual dress code
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, free food and great coffee
- An active social committee who organise quarterly team social events e.g. Climbing the Harbour Bridge, Family Picnic Day.
- Opportunities for development within our global business in any of our 19 offices.
To find out more, check out:
- Life at HomeAway Global video: https://youtu.be/Ut6eZpy0xps
- Website: http://www.homeaway.com
- Careers Page: https://www.homeaway.com/careers
- Tag: #LifeatHomeAway