Sales Director - LatAm
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people by helping them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Latin America is among the fastest growing segments of suppliers (partners) in the vacation rental marketplace. We are committed to helping our regional partners be successful and maximize booking opportunity while increasing our footprint through consultative, strategic acquisition.
As Director of Sales and Partner Success, you will expand existing relationships and create new business by managing a team of relationship-focused account managers and building a world-class, consultative acquisition team. The ideal candidate will have balanced experience with product-focused acquisition sales, account management, and ecommerce marketplaces. S/he possesses the ability to set a vision, build a team, and iterate often in order to execute measurable results
The Day to Day
Partner Success – Manage and scale a consultative account management team with a programmatic approach to developing processes and tracking. Provide ongoing feedback to our product and internal partner teams. Determine performance optimization campaigns applied to accounts and meet company objectives through the design and execution of strategic programs. In addition to strong leadership capability, achievement of our partner success objectives requires strategic agility, program management skills, and a deep interest in ecommerce products and performance optimization.
Sales – Create an acquisition team focused on high-velocity sales cycles driving new customer acquisition. You will hire, train, and coach our team to be a world-class, consultative acquisition team. You will measure team member performance by new partners acquired. You are a self-starter who can operate both tactically and strategically. Sales success requires excellent business insight, regional expertise, creativity, and technical aptitude.
• Leadership of sales and partner success teams and managers
• Recruits, retains, and coaches sales and partner success teams
• Collaborates internally to improve partner performance in HomeAway’s marketplace
• Develops strategic relationships with key accounts; leads delivery of business reviews
• Transforms our team members into marketplace experts who maximize partner success through data-driven conversations, marketplace insights, and actionable recommendations
• Drives revenue and market share for HomeAway through strategic acquisition and retention
• Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue targets
• Develops and executes against targeted sales plan and strategy
• Builds and maintains a robust sales pipeline
• Manages contract negotiations along with the core sales organization.
• Delivers feedback to product teams to improve our tools, technology, and product offerings
• Delivers feedback to marketing teams to utilize in scripting/messaging,
• Drives innovation utilizing a scientific test and learn methodology
• Leads or assists with sales operations, planning, forecasting, and inventory management
• 8+ years of sales experience and B2B client success or account management
• 4+ years of experience in a B2B environment leading and developing managers
• Consistent track record driving acquisition and product adoption
• Strong knowledge and documented experience coaching clients/partners for success in an ecommerce marketplace
• Program management or process improvement successes with monetization and optimization
• High level of comfort working in (and explaining) technology platforms
• Demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations
• Strong communication skills in both writing and speaking
• Analytical and experienced with managing business forecasts and budgets; organized, data-driven, and goal oriented
• Detailed knowledge of Salesforce.com & Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• High tolerance for change and familiarity with Agile Framework
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA strongly preferred
• English and Portuguese or Spanish required.