HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
The Booking Services Team is the booking engine for all HomeAway sites and distribution partners, and we process billions of dollars each quarter through our code. Up-time is critical, so we work hard to never miss a payment while also enjoying time together as a team through team lunches, events and shuffleboard, ping pong and XBox/Playstation matches. 2017 is an exciting time to join us as we leverage HomeAway's philosophy of innovation, and refresh our whole tech stack with the latest technology.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience managing an engineering team, including remote resources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Have practical experience delivering production applications in a distributed SOA environment.
- Track record of delivering quality software using industry best practices in all aspects of the software development process.
- Experience working with QA, product management, customer service and other stakeholders in an agile environment.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in production server side development in Java.
- Experience in the Payments or E-commerce a plus.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices.
Professional traits required of all HomeAway leaders:
- Excellent judgment.
- Ability to hire and develop great people.
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Ability to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology.
- Ability to innovate and lead innovative teams.
- Ability to inspire passion in others.
- Strong results orientation.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.