HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
Are you a strong product leader who is interested in making their mark on the online travel industry? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for aProduct Manager to join HomeAway's partner product team to define and build products that support our partners: vacation rental owners and property managers. Specifically, you will be working with our Software team, which helps over 1,000 vacation rental managers run their business through streamlined operations.
As a part of the product management team, you must possess a unique blend of business acumen, user experience and technical skills. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry analysis, extensive market research, end-user feedback and site usage data to manage the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap, defining requirements, collaborating with design and development to define, implement, deploy, a/b test, measure, and refine new features to deliver a world-class partner experience for managing vacation rentals.
- Create a roadmap and manage priorities for your product
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from strategic planning to end-user adoption
- Engage with our user community and industry experts to understand the evolving needs of our market
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
- Conduct market research, identify potential commercially available solutions, and manage existing and new vendor relationships
- Work closely with UX designers to research, define, and test next generation experiences that increase the adoption of the products, improve conversion of new customers, and improve customer satisfaction
- Partner with Customer Support to delight the customer and drive NPS.
- Actively participate in agile product development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with design and engineering
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the data engineering and business intelligence teams
- Design, implement and analyze a/b tests to optimize the user experience and drive key performance metrics
- Meet frequently with business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs
- Relate policies and complex process into product capability to support the portfolio vision and roadmap
- Manage a set of projects across the full software development life cycle; execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
- Launch new products by collaborating with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
- Product Managers should possess strong business acumen and be passionate about the user, well-designed online and mobile products, and software development best practices.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a high-tech software company
- Proven track record managing multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of web applications (SaaS preferred), while delivering on schedule.
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to manage international projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements
Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with relational databases and APIs
- Experience in the travel vertical is a plus
- BS or BA in related field, MBA is a plus
- Must be willing to travel 10-20%
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.