HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Implementation Specialist is a member of the Global Implementation Team and is responsible for activating listings and e-commerce feeds for Property Managers (PMs). The Implementation Specialist owns client projects from discovery through completion. This includes consolidation of accounts, activation of XML feeds and e-commerce, solving problems, and training. Activating the software connection for their listings keeps their content accurate and saves time for the PMs. We are looking for a teammate to join our dedicated and positive team.
Your main responsibility is to work with Property Managers and their Property Management Software Company to activate listings content and online booking feeds on HomeAway.
- Evaluate accounts and provide recommendations and documentation based on current account state, with the goal of optimizing client success.
- Manage integration go-live periods, and solve problems by working closely with internal teams to ensure optimal performance of integrations.
- Communicate updates throughout project lifespans with PMs and internal partners on various teams.
- Provide recommendations, policies, and guidelines about performance and e-commerce practices, and work with PMs to ensure understanding of integration functionality to allow for client success.
- Track and provide data on key performance indicators related to projects, including timelines and client satisfaction.
- Manage pilot projects when new software integrations are launched.
- We also may give you the responsibility to project manage other PM-related projects, and you'll be able to provide user acceptance testing and feedback on tools related to PM activations.
- Experience with HTML or XML is necessary.
- You willll need to have 2-4 years of experience in implementation management, client services project management, or engagement management. There's a lot to learn here and having that experience will be deeply helpful when you first start out.
- We keep you busy in this role. That's why having 2-4 years of project management experience and being able to successfully handle multiple projects for 20+ clients at varying stages will help you succeed.
- You are a dedicated, detailed problem solver who can identify complexities and maintain ownership of processes and resolving issues. Do you have proven detective skills? If yes, this job is for you!
- Knowing how to speak to your audience is important in this role. You will need to adjust communication for different audiences based on technical experience and provide appropriate training.
- To be successful in this position, we expect you to be comfortable with changes. We want to improve our processes continuously and see changes as a way for growing and improving. You should also be good at self-directing and making independent and solid judgments based on information available
- Do you enjoy learning new technical concepts and have you shown you can do so quickly? There is always something new to learn.
- You should also have demonstrated experience as a team-player and be looking forward to joining a team that we are proud to call our work family.
- We'd prefer experience with Salesforce.com and with issue-tracking software (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
- Bilingual with strong business English and native Japanese fluency
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself.
- Employee insurance, benefits and pension.
- Spectacular modern offices with 360 degree views of Central Tokyo, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji.
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee.
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events.
- Great people and an awesome, open culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
- Sharing the same space as the entire Expedia Japan group, you will get to mingle with an extremely diverse and talented group of people.
To find out more, check out: