HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway's Partner API Engineering team is hiring for talented Senior Java Software Engineers in Chicago. As a Software Engineer in Partner API Engineering, you are at the heart of connecting thousands of Property Managers and over a million properties to HomeAway and Expedia. In this role, you will be partnering closely with Expedia to create a global lodging directory service that supports various property types – homes, condos, villas, etc. – for all Expedia worldwide brands. You will be tasked to solve complex engineering problems on a global scale, creating a distributed service in the cloud with resiliency and a comprehensible APIs.
Technologies we use:
- AWS, Docker, Mesos, Dropwizard, Cassandra, Kafka, NoSQL/SQL, Java, Node.js.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Java preferred).
- Technical leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple department.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience.
- Commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!).
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry standard methodologies.
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Create and maintain quality software using premier tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Casual dress.