Market Development Manager In-Market
The Market Development Manager In-Market primary responsibility is to promote and develop partners’ high engagement with HomeAway’s full suite of products through prospecting, marketing, pitching and educating HomeAway’s suite of solutions to Property Managers in their assigned portfolio and strategic territory. MDM In-Market will develop a market expertise (the assigned strategic territory) and research and identify prospects to produce partner opportunities. He/She will engage, develop and manage strategic partner alliances/partnerships and opportunity pipelines to acquire new partners, as well as to foster the growth and customer satisfaction of lesser penetrated accounts.
The MDM In-Market is also responsible to educate on-boarded PMs to maximise their bookings on the HomeAway platforms.
Consistently leveraging data specific to their strategic market available in the company’s proprietary reporting tools, market insights, prioritization dashboards and leveraging their local market knowledge, Market Development Managers In-Market will:
● Identify and warm key prospects in his/her strategic territory for specific traveller destinations.
● Produce and maintain an accurate pipeline of potential prospects within targeted markets.
● Secure additional inventory over high demand and compression periods to satisfy partner’s pressing needs.
● Organise local, regional and national events to educate Property Managers about HomeAway products and communicate best practices in order to maximise bookings on HomeAway platforms.
● Attend trade shows and other events to support performance goals.
● Keep abreast of key demand/supply indicators, economic data, trends and competitive information within the designated strategic market and at national level, developing a robust territory expertise.
● Assess, clarify, and validate partner’s needs on an ongoing basis, and feed these back to relevant teams within HomeAway.
● Manage both internal and external stakeholders, developing peer relationships as necessary to successfully influence behaviour.
● Work closely with all internal teams to ensure the delivery of service levels and escalate where required.
● Gather feedback from partners regarding product enhancements and processes to drive partner efficiencies and increased revenues.
● Manage their own diary and be able to work independently
Required Skills & Experience
● 3-4 years of inside sales experience (business to business sales required), with a proven track record in new sales with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in field sales
● Demonstrable experience in highly consultative marketing cycles
● Demonstrated ability to exceed performance goals
● Proven success in lead generation and lead qualification
● Excellent face to face presentation skills, business partners and large audiences
● Excellent autonomous/team work capabilities with the ability to work with limited supervision
● Willing and flexible to travel extensively, sometimes on short notice
● Excellent Microsoft Office skills and organizational skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Sales training or solution selling training preferred
● Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment
● Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
● Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Tableau Reporting
● Highly fluent in Spanish and English and other relevant language
● Driving license
What we offer?
In addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast. You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated and dynamic team, supported by a Company with a desire to deliver exceptional service to our customers and outstanding business performance.
Who are we?
HomeAway, Inc., based in Austin, Texas, the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals. Through HomeAway, owners and property managers offer an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com. We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!