HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
You will primarily be responsible for acquiring a portfolio of property listings with high revenue return, bringing across the HomeAway brand concept (e.g. luxury, entire home) to an assigned territory within a dynamic and high growth region. You will strategically prioritize listing types and areas to tap into, quickly develop an acquisition plan and efficiently grow the markets to exceed quarterly targets.
- Achieve listing acquisition targets by introducing HomeAway to property owners and property management companies.
- Achieve content and listing quality targets prior to start-sell through enhanced cooperation with and education of property owners and property managers.
- Develop acquisition strategy and prioritization of potential partners, also flexibly adjust according to market dynamics and portfolio.
- Access business information systems and use internal/external data to develop acquisition strategy and success metrics.
- Hold presentations at vacation rental or travel related events to increase HomeAway’s brand awareness.
- Host small group seminars and online webinars to convey HomeAway’s value proposition and educate property owners.
- Actively collect local and industry knowledge of day-to-day developments related to vacation rental market and focused areas.
- Work closely with local governments, develop mid to long-term relationships, acquisition road map and concrete targets.
- Propose acquisition methods which could scale effectively both on local and APAC level, share best practices with other regions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Documented sales successes in a performance driven environment.
- 3-5 years of experience within account management, sales or marketing preferably for an e-commerce or online travel-related company.
- Ability to work well in a team and willingness demonstrate dedication to client service.
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proven ability & experience to cultivate new markets
- Strong communication and client-servicing skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Ability to handle up to 50% travel within Japan.
- Business level fluency in both English and Japanese.
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself.
- Employee insurance, benefits and pension.
- Spectacular modern offices with 360 degree views of Central Tokyo, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji.
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee.
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events.
- Great people and an awesome, open culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
- Sharing the same space as the entire Expedia Japan group, you will get to mingle with an extremely diverse and talented group of people.
To find out more, check out: