Looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational?
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company.
HomeAway is the world's leader in vacation rentals with sites representing more than 2 million unique places to stay. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveller in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are looking for a bright, driven, and experienced Sr. Affiliate Partnerships Manager to expand our affiliate distribution channels (B2B) in the UK and Nordics. This role will be based in our London office.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a can-do attitude, who is looking for a role that comprises both Business Development and Account Management.
Working in partnership with other regional and cross-functional teams, you will have a high degree of autonomy within a team-centric organisation. You can expect a dynamic environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing valuable career-building experience.
In this role, you will lead HomeAway’s branded distribution partnership efforts across multiple markets and have management responsibility for online marketing partners, including Affiliate Networks, Portals and other top tier partner portfolios.
You will be highly data-driven, customer-centric and have a consistent track record of driving growth within an e-commerce environment through both performance marketing and partnerships as well as possessing the relevant technical and business development expertise. This role reports into the Regional Manager Affiliate Partnerships – EMEA and will work closely with other members of this team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Proactively grow and manage your sales pipeline, while supporting other team members to keep growing our business as a team
• Run all processes leading up to finalizing distribution deals (i.e. prospecting, making first contact, meetings, contracting, integration, follow up, relationship management)
• Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with our range of services to create and maximize new business opportunities
• Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies
• Build and maintain a professional network within the online travel industry
• Monitor, research, and report findings on market developments in your region
• Attend travel conferences in your region to increase your network and promote HomeAway
• You will maintain and develop successful business partnerships with HomeAway’s business partners and manage all aspects of partner interactions in the assigned region
• Optimise existing partner relationships, advising and influencing partners to adjust their site or leverage our technologies to maintain and exceed performance targets
• You will add value to client relationships through a very deep understanding of digital marketing activities & experience/ability to operate across borders, influencing appropriately in different cultures
• Receive assignments in the form of goals and figure out how to use resources and time to meet schedules and objectives
• Directing efforts toward efficient traffic sources work experience
• A strong background in B2B, affiliate, or account management.
• Excellent knowledge of the (online) travel industry; specifically, the accommodation category, ideally vacation rental
• Account management or similar relationship management experience required
• Online marketing, affiliate marketing and travel industry experience in assigned region
• Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; be very comfortable performing data analysis and making data-driven decisions
• General aptitude for statistical analysis and reporting, an eye for trends and attention to detail required
• Exemplify the hands-on approach and eager to learn
• Strong communication & negotiation skills
• Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision
• Willing to travel ~30% of your time to meet clients in face-to-face meetings
• BA/BS or higher, from an accredited college or university is preferable
• Fluent in English; additional languages, in particular Swedish, Norwegian or Danish are a plus