HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
You will be responsible for acquiring & handling high value supply partners located across Japan, developing exception and long-term relationships whilst contributing to the regional performance targets for HomeAway. Internally, you will need to have close collaboration with the marketing and product marketing teams, consolidating product related feedback from partners and prioritizing them according to business impact.
This role reports to the Area Manager for HomeAway Japan.
Your main focus would be around developing strong ties with HomeAway Japan's key accounts and relationships – Property Management Companies, OTAs, Channel Managers, Real Estate Associations and Governmental Organizations. You will passionately build growth and develop target objectives, by planning, executing, monitoring and reporting on results with clients and internal teams. This role carries a direct sales revenue target and will have targets that are set on performance metrics.
Additionally, we required you to:
- Constantly analyse performance metrics by using internal/external market data to coach clients to take action in which higher conversion rates are expected.
- Actively identify other business opportunities to boost supply performance within the region and oversee the negotiation and contracting process.
- Lead & coordinate API integration between HomeAway and partner platforms which could demonstrate supply acquisition, this will require a close communication with the engineering team.
- In coordination with Analytics team, track search trends, listing performance and develop a keen understanding of data tools to analyse at account, regional and industry levels.
- Consolidate requirements on tools, product UI/functions, communication from key partners and feedback to HomeAway Product Marketing, Host Marketing and Customer Support teams in to enhance client satisfaction.
- Identify and size opportunities across your accounts with the aid of sales reports to create solution pitches and help the Account Management sales teams to drive growth strategies for our high potential accounts.
- Be adept at using advanced optimization techniques and work on complex projects aligned to customers' goals across the HomeAway network.
- Demonstrate and communicate the value that HomeAway provides as a platform to our supply partners.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Documented sales successes (ideally with big key accounts) in a performance driven environment.
- 5-7 years of experience within account management, sales or marketing preferably for an e-commerce or online travel-related company.
- Ability to work well in a team and willingness demonstrate dedication to client service.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proven ability & experience to cultivate new markets, engaging with a large range of partners.
- Strong communication and client-servicing skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Ability to handle up to 50% travel within Japan and Singapore (Regional HQ).
- Business level fluency in both English and Japanese.
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself.
- Employee insurance, benefits and pension.
- Spectacular modern offices with 360 degree views of Central Tokyo, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji.
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee.
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events.
- Great people and an awesome, open culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
- Sharing the same space as the entire Expedia Japan group, you will get to mingle with an extremely diverse and talented group of people.
To find out more, check out: