Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As a member of the Developer Tools organization at HomeAway you will create, enhance, support, and scale software tools that HomeAway Engineers use to turn ideas into real world products.
What You'll Do:
- Write code (this isn’t a DevOps role) this role requires a skilled software engineer.
- Create large and small applications to automate and streamline dev practices, speeding up other engineer’s performance.
- Provide outstanding customer support to internal software engineers who work at HomeAway.
- You enjoy system design and writing an application from the ground up properly, the first time.
- You'll optimize product delivery by automating the entire software delivery pipeline and by building the tools necessary to enable horizontal scaling, provisioning, graphing, monitoring, and rapid deployment on our bare-metal, public, and private cloud environments.
What You'll Get:
As a member of the DevTools team, you'll be driving HomeAway's engineering culture by building, evangelizing, and supporting the continuous delivery pipelines, tools and services used by HomeAway software engineers worldwide. Our ever-growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative on an agile, credible team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You'll also get to work with partners across the globe, gaining international experience in a fast-paced c2c eCommerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
- Design, Build and Maintain an excellent software delivery platform, including its infrastructure and tooling.
- Prototype, architect, and implement platform updates and new features.
- Support and train HomeAway developers' use of the platform.
- Work with our internal business partners and customers to capture requirements.
- Perform peer reviews and code walkthroughs.
- Development experience with Java Web Applications, Service-Oriented Architecture, and Micro-Services.
- Hands-on experience with at least one continuous integration platform (Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo, etc.)
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively through an agile development process that promotes constant team communication.
- Hands-on experience with at least one cloud-computing platform (Mesos, AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with system administration & configuration tools (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, etc.)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.