Making sure HomeAway.com helps our customers find the perfect place and wake up happy is an exciting mission for our Technology team. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us deliver features to our customers quickly, make sure we are always there for our customers and offer an unsurpassed Vacation Rental search and booking experience. Over million monthly visitors across multiple countries pose some rather interesting technical problems.
Taking complex requirements and delivering them via super simple solutions is what makes our job interesting.Vacation Rentals are undergoing a major drive to improve and modernize the whole of their engineering function and require a highly skilled DevOps Engineer to take responsibility for the evolution & running of their ops set-up.HomeAway Technology Teams are undertaking major projects to modernize their platform with a drive toward Self Service, Continuous Delivery, NoOps, public cloud and Kubernetes. We’re looking for the very best engineers to help shape the future of our platform.You may have started your career in software engineering or operations, but we want to hear from you if you have developed a deep understanding of both over your career and passionately believe in making software delivery better.
• Take great ideas and turn them into beautiful, robust, scalable tools that help us get out of the way of the development teams (maybe this is just technical, not sure exactly what it means)
• Evaluate, deploy and contribute to open source projects, contributing to our platform mission• Build out and enhance our existing automation tooling and continuous delivery platforms
• Partner with other development teams to understand their needs and get that represented in our backlog
• Collaborate with multiple platform teams on deliveryEssential
• Software development in at least one or two of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, Nodejs
• Strong configuration management,
• Good understanding of Linux and scripting
• Experience working in an Agile engineering team
• Passionate about delivering high quality, reviewed and tested code
• IaaS platforms, ideally AWS
• Continuous delivery experience with Bamboo, Jenkins, GoCD or Concourse
• Docker, Rkt or similar containerization tooling
• Git – Github or BitbucketTechnology Specifics:
• Kubernetes or similar• Terraform, Consul, Vault, Packer and other Hashicorp tools
• Experience with ChatOps e.g. Hubot and/or Stackstorm
• Testing infrastructure and automation with ServerSpec, TestKitchen or similar
• Working Knowledge of jMeter and or similar performance tools
• BS in computer Science or releated field
• 6+ years’ experience as a Software Developer or Support Engineer or DevOps Engineer
• Experience in one or more languages: Java, Java Script, Ruby, C/C#/C++
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems and Bash Scripting
• Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies.
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills related to Application Management, and Pipeline EngineeringCertifications/Nice to Have
• AWS certification
• Linux Certification
• Working knowledge of AGILE development, SCRUM and Continuous Integration Pipelines (VSTS, Jenkins)
• Working knowledge of Cloud platforms (AWS, AZURE, etc.)