HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
Love data, science, technology & coding? How about vacations? Want to be part of a team where that all comes together? Want a chance to drive an extraordinary experience for travellers by connecting them with millions of vacation rental properties? Passionate about building and putting complex models into production to solve relevance and personalization problems, great at model implementation, testing and evaluation? If so, then HomeAway has a Senior Software Engineer role and would like to talk to you!
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable micro-services that will process thousands of requests per second
- Use real-time data to understand customers’ needs before they do
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops
- Scale our public API to allow other partners to leverage HomeAway services & experiences on third party sites
- Simplify core booking and listing workflow to enhance our travelers & suppliers experience
Other responsibilities will include ownership of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies. As part of our continuous learning culture, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years Software Development work experience (Java experience strongly preferred)
- 5+ years creating and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
- 3+ years developing software using Dependency Injection Frameworks.
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form
- Proven record in technical mentoring of Software Engineers
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to produce across your team and beyond
- Rock solid coding skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Track record of building your own automation and reporting tools to provide capabilities around your service
- Ability to lead code reviews and technical design meetings
- Proven record in successfully delivering highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume on a 24x7 operational cycle
- Architectural knowledge of designing and developing software in distributed architecture for multi-tier applications
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to articulate technical design decisions and software implementation in technical forums
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with e-Commerce application is a big plus.
- Experience developing fault tolerant distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development mechanics.
- Background in Service Oriented Architecture implementation, service versioning, and backward compatibility
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself
- Employee insurance and benefits
- Spectacular modern offices with views over Robertson Quay, Singapore Flyer and CBD
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
To find out more, check out: