HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that flourishes with solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Challenges you can work on:
Welcome to the Payment Services Team. We're in charge of the platform that allows vacation rental owners to take online payments from travelers around the world. This includes controlling the movement of funds from payment processing all the way to owner payout and all the financial reporting in between. Our platform executes billions of dollars worth of transactions and represents a 24x7 mission critical suite of services. In recent releases we have added new payment options for travelers, like Amex and Apple Pay, and have expanded the options for Suppliers to receive funds around the world. We are working on creating an eCommerce platform that will allow any traveler around the world to pay with their local methods and allow owners to receive those funds securely in their preferred accounts.
Technologies we use:
(Current) mvn/jetty, java, node, reactjs, sql, rabbitmq, SLF4J, JMX, RESTful services; (Migrating)AWS, DropWizard, Cassandra, NoSQL, Apple Pay, Android Pay
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of back-end Java development. Java8 is preferred but Java7 is good.
- Solid experience developing restful APIs
- Familiarity with MongoDB preferred
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments
- Your open-minded creative approach problem solves complex challenges
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- You focus on shipping software that matters to your users and the company
- It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress