HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our growing Asia Pacific team that manages a portfolio of solutions.
In this leadership role, you will drive execution of various technical programs that will evolve our ecommerce capabilities to create a competitive advantage in our marketplace. You will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile knowledge to increase the effectiveness of our software product development teams.
Working with our team requires a unique blend of business insight and technical skills demonstrated through the ability to translate user problems into actionable roadmaps and backlogs. You will partner with various organizations to understand, communicate and implement the product requirements informed from industry analysis and end-user feedback to lead the overall product lifecycle.
- Handle the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from sprint planning to end-user adoption
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Instill and operate a change management process with product manager(s) and engineering leads
- Monitor development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Collaborate with the product manager(s) and engineering teams to ensure epics and user stories are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Manage resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to all business partners
- Work with the engineering and product leadership teams to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors in computer science or engineering.
- 10+ years industry experience as a technical product management or program management within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex software systems or services.
- Familiar with web-based product development including software development processes, n-tiered architectures, service oriented architectures, data organization, and performance optimization.
- Demonstrated understanding of a broad array of software development models and a track record of shipping software products using Agile methodologies.
- Experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed technical requirements.
- Possess a high degree of competency with project management including: project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and achievements, and communication of overall project status
- Be able to work across teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation and listening skills with the ability to present information about complex technical projects clearly to varying audiences.
- Ability to mentor others through periods of change in the strategy, or organization
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself
- Employee insurance and benefits
- Spectacular modern offices with views over Robertson Quay, Singapore Flyer and CBD
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
To find out more, check out: